Moto X Style, OnePlus 2 or New Nexus 5/6

beebskadoo

Simple question, just wondering what is the consensus here?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I really am waiting to see the new Nexus phones, they most likely won't have expandable storage but will probably include a fingerprint sensor. Also They will launch with Android M.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Or zenfone 2?

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Or zenfone 2?

Meh

Problem with Zenfone is Atom

Atom is fine if you don't plan on adding a custom ROM

Hail Sithis!

OnePlus Two IMO. USB-C is awesome, large battery, OS is nice and bloatware free, and best of all it's unlocked. The only thing is your carrier must be GSM only otherwise you can't use it. So if your in the US the only options here are AT&T or T-Mobile. Pretty much everywhere else with the exception of Canada you have choices for your carrier with this phone.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Heyyo,

Hmm, I'm torn tbh... the OnePlus 2 is such a perfect size for me... I love my OnePlus One's 5.5" screen and form factor... I dunno, 5.7" might be starting to get a little too big for my tastes and my pockets lol. :P

BUT... I freaking love the idea of having front facing stereo speakers again like on the Moto X Style (which I'm sad that the OP2 lacks). Expandable storage is nice too but I haven't even come close to filling my 64GB on my OPO so... that's not a big deal to me.

Both phones look like they have great cameras so I'm not too worried over that stuff.. the OP2 does have a higher quality selfie cam which is cool I guess.

Hmm... I think overall though? I'd still get the OnePlus 2 due to form factor. I think that 5.5" screen size is just perfect for me and that barely fits in my phone cradle for my vehicle.. 5.7" means I'd need to buy a new cradle. :P

Or zenfone 2?

That's not even in the same price range dude. :P

That's more of a question like "OnePlus One or Asus Zenfone 2" this thread is more about the epic high-end price to performance devices of 2015.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

Hmm, I'm torn tbh... the OnePlus 2 is such a perfect size for me... I love my OnePlus One's 5.5" screen and form factor... I dunno, 5.7" might be starting to get a little too big for my tastes and my pockets lol. :P

BUT... I freaking love the idea of having front facing stereo speakers again like on the Moto X Style (which I'm sad that the OP2 lacks). Expandable storage is nice too but I haven't even come close to filling my 64GB on my OPO so... that's not a big deal to me.

Both phones look like they have great cameras so I'm not too worried over that stuff.. the OP2 does have a higher quality selfie cam which is cool I guess.

Hmm... I think overall though? I'd still get the OnePlus 2 due to form factor. I think that 5.5" screen size is just perfect for me and that barely fits in my phone cradle for my vehicle.. 5.7" means I'd need to buy a new cradle. :P

That's not even in the same price range dude. :P

That's more of a question like "OnePlus One or Asus Zenfone 2" this thread is more about the epic high-end price to performance devices of 2015.

What do you mean? The snapdragon 810 in the oneplus 2 is a little weaker than the intel atom z3580, and has been to run quite hot in phones. Also 4gb ram on zenfone 2 vs the 3gb on oneplus 2. The Oneplus 2 does not have NFC, whereas the zenfone 2 does. The zenfone is also getting updates monthly, and it's a 2015 release phone. The zenfone 2 is also a dual micro sim phone, with 128gb sd. The phone is all plastic, but to me thats fine.

http://www.phonebunch.com/compare-phones/oneplus_two-1858-vs-asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-1867/

the back camera software on the asus is lacking for now, but updates are coming. basically every other spec is the same!

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

What do you mean? The snapdragon 810 in the oneplus 2 is a little weaker than the intel atom z3580, and has been to run quite hot in phones. Also 4gb ram on zenfone 2 vs the 3gb on oneplus 2. The Oneplus 2 does not have NFC, whereas the zenfone 2 does. The zenfone is also getting updates monthly, and it's a 2015 release phone. The zenfone 2 is also a dual micro sim phone, with 128gb sd. The phone is all plastic, but to me thats fine.

http://www.phonebunch.com/compare-phones/oneplus_two-1858-vs-asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-1867/

the back camera software on the asus is lacking for now, but updates are coming. basically every other spec is the same!

Heyyo,

https://oneplus.net/ca_en/2/specs

Please read over what you wrote and what the actual specs are.

Also, SD810 does overheat on other devices granted, but so far? Preliminary reviews are that OnePlus did not fuck up like LG G Flex 2, HTC One M9 and Sony Xperia Z3+/Z4.

https://youtu.be/91av8wCH7CI?t=4m55s

Also? NFC? No one uses it that often man lol. I used it once... to pair a bluetooth speaker to my OnePlus One. Sure, Google Wallet tap-and-pay uses NFC, but I think I'd rather just use my credit card to pay lol. I'm not that in love with my smartphone that I have to use my phone to pay for shit... besides, Google Wallet isn't even available in Canada so it matters that much less to me. :P

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

https://oneplus.net/ca_en/2/specs

Please read over what you wrote and what the actual specs are.

Also, SD810 does overheat on other devices granted, but so far? Preliminary reviews are that OnePlus did not fuck up like LG G Flex 2, HTC One M9 and Sony Xperia Z3+/Z4.

https://youtu.be/91av8wCH7CI?t=4m55s

Also? NFC? No one uses it that often man lol. I used it once... to pair a bluetooth speaker to my OnePlus One. Sure, Google Wallet tap-and-pay uses NFC, but I think I'd rather just use my credit card to pay lol. I'm not that in love with my smartphone that I have to use my phone to pay for shit... besides, Google Wallet isn't even available in Canada so it matters that much less to me. :P

I cant access the oneplus website as its blocked for me (I don't know why), I guess that's why my specs are not totally accurate.

I personally use NFC a lot on my phone, both for debit, and using it as my student pass card for college (cool I know).

I'm just stating my opinion :)

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6917&idPhone2=6902&idPhone3=7229

looking at them all again, I personally would go with the motorola or zenfone. My friend had 2 bad oneplus 1's, so my opinion is slightly biased.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler