How do I get Windows 10?

I reserved my copy of Windows 10 a long time ago and I have been waiting all day for a notification to pop up so I can get the upgrade/ clean install dialogue box. I feel like I'm missing something and someone somewhere is laughing at me. So how do I actually get Windows 10?

Same here. I guess we just wait.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I'm still waiting too!

I reserved my copy of Windows 10 a long time ago and I have been waiting all day for a notification to pop up so I can get the upgrade/ clean install dialogue box. I feel like I'm missing something and someone somewhere is laughing at me. So how do I actually get Windows 10?

Same here. I guess we just wait.

if you want it now there https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 download it and then select update 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Click on the "Get Windows 10" App, and you'll see the reason why you don't have Windows 10.

Or you can ignore that fact, and do like most people on this forum, and force the upgrade, and then you'll complain about all the issues you'll face.

Click on the "Get Windows 10" App, and you'll see the reason why you don't have Windows 10.

Or you can ignore that fact, and do like most people on this forum, and force the upgrade, and then you'll complain about all the issues you'll face.

The Get Windows 10 app says everything is perfectly ok.

The Get Windows 10 app says everything is perfectly ok.

You have 2 possible messages

"We are validating your device..."

or

"You're part of the largest software upgrade event ever, and your PC is almost ready for Windows 10. We're rolling out the free upgrade in waves...."

If it is the second one, then you can run the setup found in: C:\$Windows.~BT. You'll force your upgrade to install.

If you get an error during the setup, then Windows 10 isn't fully downloaded on your side.

I looked into that but I thought we needed a key? Is that not the case?

if you select update it should carry the key over

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

or

"You're part of the largest software upgrade event ever, and your PC is almost ready for Windows 10. We're rolling out the free upgrade in waves...."

If it is the second one, then you can run the setup found in: C:\$Windows.~BT. You'll force your upgrade to install.

If you get an error during the setup, then Windows 10 isn't fully downloaded on your side.

It is the second one, now is C:\$Windows.~BT a console command or what?

It is the second one, now is C:\$Windows.~BT a console command or what?

No. It is the location of the Windows 10 setup. Yea, Microsoft put a "." in the folder name so it looks like a file extension, but it is a folder.

I think it is setup.exe that you are looking for. Just double click it, and it should force the installation.

No. It is the location of the Windows 10 setup. Yea, Microsoft put a "." in the folder name so it looks like a file extension, but it is a folder.

I think it is setup.exe that you are looking for. Just double click it, and it should force the installation.

When I double click on the setup.exe file I get this error message: 

"Windows was unable to locate required installation file [boot.wim]. Verify that the installation source is valid, and restart the installation.    Error code: 0x80070002"

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I'm really bad with this stuff, I can't find this location can you help? I'm on Windows 8.1

I'm really bad with this stuff, I can't find this location can you help? I'm on Windows 8.1

It was in a hidden folder my bad.

or

Where do I see this in the app, because I can't find either message.

Where do I see this in the app, because I can't find either message.

Right underneath where it says "thank you for reserving your free upgrade"

Right underneath where it says "thank you for reserving your free upgrade"

I reserved my upgrade but reinstalled windows after some hardware issues, now my system has the windows 10 icon but I can't seem to reserve it and I get neither of these statements on the program. Is there a way to force it to reserve like it was before?

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

Microsoft is sending there copies in waves because of the mass demands. You will still receive your windows 10 copy but they say it may take up to a month for some customers.

Have any questions? just PM me

Jared Patten

After clicking Setup.exe and clicking Install Now I was brought to a dialogue box that says, "Windows was unable to locate required installation file [boot.wim]. Verify that the installation source is valid, and restart the installation.             Error code: 0x80070002

As you said before, does this mean that it's not fully downloaded yet?

I reserved my upgrade but reinstalled windows after some hardware issues, now my system has the windows 10 icon but I can't seem to reserve it and I get neither of these statements on the program. Is there a way to force it to reserve like it was before?

Nope. now you wait.

After clicking Setup.exe and clicking Install Now I was brought to a dialogue box that says, "Windows was unable to locate required installation file [boot.wim]. Verify that the installation source is valid, and restart the installation.             Error code: 0x80070002

As you said before, does this mean that it's not fully downloaded yet?

Not sure.