Disable Windows 10 "Filesharing"

SuperPug

W10 seems to be using some kind of P2P to distribute updates. So your PC might be seeding parts of updates for other W10 users over the internet. If you have a very strict bandwidth cap on your upload you might wanna disable this function. Here's how (from Reddit):

http://fat.gfycat.com/AcclaimedWellinformedAlligatorsnappingturtle.webm

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

W10 uses seems to be using some kind of P2P to distribute updates. So your PC might be seeding parts of the update for other W10 users over the internet. If you have a very strict bandwidth cap on your upload you might wanna disable this function. Here's how (from Reddit):

http://fat.gfycat.com/AcclaimedWellinformedAlligatorsnappingturtle.webm

That is really interesting. Also really smart on Microsoft's part.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Yeah i agree. Its definitely not a bad thing. But the fact that its on by default might be problematic for people with limited internet plans.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

this has been around since windows 8.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

W10 seems to be using some kind of P2P to distribute updates. So your PC might be seeding parts of updates for other W10 users over the internet. If you have a very strict bandwidth cap on your upload you might wanna disable this function. Here's how (from Reddit):

If you do have a limited bandwidth cap, isn't it better to keep it on but just to computer over the local network? That way you may not have to download it several times if you have multiple PCs on W10. Which means you are saving bandwidth...

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

this has been around since windows 8.

No it hasn't. This was introduced in 10.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

If you do have a limited bandwidth cap, isn't it better to keep it on but just to computer over the local network? That way you may not have to download it several times if you have multiple PCs on W10. Which means you are saving bandwidth...

If you have multiple PCs then probably yes. I guess it depends on the situation.

No it hasn't. This was introduced in 10.

I got confused with local update thingy, my bad.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18