Let There Be Pony!

YellowDragon

All the ponies, all the time.

What's the attraction for grown men and teenagers to watch a little girls TV show about ponies?

I'm not trolling either, what makes it good? I just don't see it

It's not. I have no idea why these grown men choose to religiously spend their time watching MLP. I suspect attention whoring.

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

It's not. I have no idea why these grown men choose to religiously spend their time watching MLP. I suspect attention whoring.

some enjoy watching it just because. i mean theres a similar argument about people watching adventure time, because isnt that a childrens cartoon?

I watched it because someone gave them to me when my internet wat capped for the next 2 weeks.

I dont follow it religiously. but i do have a pony figurine in my PC sitting on my PSU because someone gave it to me in a joke secret santa.

Sometimes theres more to people than what they appear and what they tell you.

In no way do I randomly go out and broadcast to random people on the street that I watch it. because that is dumb, and the less people that know the better.

There is however a large group of people who spoil the experience for a lot of people by bringing so much negativity towards this community.

Is this really still a thing? I thought this fad had died off by now....

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

What's the attraction for grown men and teenagers to watch a little girls TV show about ponies?

I'm not trolling either, what makes it good? I just don't see it

Try watching season 1 episode 25. I'm not a brony, but that episode was hilarious.

The writing in that show is funny at times, and people seem to like the idea that spreading friendship will make the world a better place... even thought it won't.

The key reason I enjoy it is because it is an interesting narrative with creative writing and good characters. I display that I like it but I don't care what people really think about that ether its no different then if someone wears a Adventure Time or Star Wars shirt to me. Its just more noticeable because it has a weird fallowing with it... I get more comments for my Minecraft shirt than my MLP one. 

Asus G74SX,17.3" 1920x1080 Screen, Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM 2.2GHz, 2.9 Turbo, 12GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM, 1.5TB (2x 750GB) 7200rpm HD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. [] Asus VivoBook S400, Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor 1.7 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz 14.1" LED  (1366x768)  touch panel, 500GB HD, Intel® GMA HD, Windows 8 (64-bit)

Alright, so I guess this is the time to ask

I've always wondered what made MLP so attractive to 13-30yo guys. They always tell me they like the show because it's actually good in their opinion, and that's fine

This leaves me with another question though: Why are people so obsessed with the show??

Everywhere on the internet you see avatars with ponies in them. On youtube, on this forum, on other forums. It's ridiculous.

There's entire communities and gatherings because of this show. You don't see that with other comparable shows

Seriously, why?

I've always wondered what made MLP so attractive to 13-30yo guys. They always tell me they like the show because it's actually good in their opinion, and that's fine

This leaves me with another question though: Why are people so obsessed with the show??

Everywhere on the internet you see avatars with ponies in them. On youtube, on this forum, on other forums. It's ridiculous.

There's entire communities and gatherings because of this show. You don't see that with other comparable shows

Seriously, why?

my thoughts exactly .. what the hell, maybe they simply like the fact that it ties them together in some wierd community.

Seriously, why?

It doesn't take obsession to pick an avatar. ;)

It's like an in-joke, plus it's very amusing to see how angry people seem to get over other people enjoying something harmless.

Not here.....not now......

5a34c06a10b85c471aff44de4c97f8f1_full.jp

This wish the mod squad to put an end to ponies on a tech forum

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Seriously, why?

This is no different than a lot of other fandoms really. A lot of cartoons and games have had it over the years. A lot of YouTubers have fans that do stuff similar to these things just look at the yogscast they are the biggest example I think. You see transformers as well. The reason a lot of us use avatars is to show to other pony foke that we are a fan too. It means you get the message of friendship and you are a generally friendly person. Though that is not universally true it is very likely to be true.

Asus G74SX,17.3" 1920x1080 Screen, Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM 2.2GHz, 2.9 Turbo, 12GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM, 1.5TB (2x 750GB) 7200rpm HD Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. [] Asus VivoBook S400, Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor 1.7 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz 14.1" LED  (1366x768)  touch panel, 500GB HD, Intel® GMA HD, Windows 8 (64-bit)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not here.....not now......

5a34c06a10b85c471aff44de4c97f8f1_full.jp

Hater

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

>.=.> holy thread necro, I posted this thread all the way back on January 5th and it all of a sudden reappears XD.