Bent LGA 1150 Pin Safe to test when bent back?

Furbodo
Go to solution Solved by Furbodo,

it should be ok.  are the REALY straight now as they where original? Sure it comes with a risk. Well wich kind of a CPU you want to test with? A expensive one?

When applied downward pressure they all align into place. Otherwise they are like 1mm out of place at the most. The cpu is a i5-4460. Not expensive, but still around $200.

EDIT: CPU Came today, she lives! Just need to order RAM and a MSI R9 290 to complete my semi-budget build.

Is it safe to test my cpu with the pins (3) bent back as humanly possible into position? Or should I be safe and just buy a new mobo? I'm like to save money but at the same time I don't want to kill more hardware.

My Build: cpu: i7-12700k motherboard: Asus Strix Gaming D4 Wifi ram: G.Skill 64gb (4x16gb) 4000mhz @ 1.45v case: O11D XL gpu: MSI Gaming Trio 4090 storage: 3x Crucial 1tb Nvme SSDs display: Samsung LC34G55TWWNXZA keyboard: Logitech G915 mouse: Logitech Superlight headset: astro a40 tr

Linus once bent some pins on a cpu and bent them back. You should try to do it the same way as him. 

If you want to be completely safe just buy a new motherboard. 

| GPU: MSI GTX 970 | CPU: Intel i5 4460 | PSU: Sharkoon 500Watt 80-plus semi-modular | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 2x4GB |

Is it safe to test my cpu with the pins (3) bent back as humanly possible into position? Or should I be safe and just buy a new mobo? I'm like to save money but at the same time I don't want to kill more hardware.

it should be ok.  are the REALY straight now as they where original? Sure it comes with a risk. Well wich kind of a CPU you want to test with? A expensive one?

When applied downward pressure they all align into place. Otherwise they are like 1mm out of place at the most. The cpu is a i5-4460. Not expensive, but still around $200.

EDIT: CPU Came today, she lives! Just need to order RAM and a MSI R9 290 to complete my semi-budget build.

My Build: cpu: i7-12700k motherboard: Asus Strix Gaming D4 Wifi ram: G.Skill 64gb (4x16gb) 4000mhz @ 1.45v case: O11D XL gpu: MSI Gaming Trio 4090 storage: 3x Crucial 1tb Nvme SSDs display: Samsung LC34G55TWWNXZA keyboard: Logitech G915 mouse: Logitech Superlight headset: astro a40 tr