Problems with my Samsung s4

Neuckretion

Hi,

I've had the S4 Active for a few weeks now and it has perform fine but in the last few days receiving and making calls on the handset is hit and miss as to whether i can hear the call or not (speakerphone and normal) and now it doesn't work at all, apart from through my parrot kit in the car i can make a receive calls with no problems. 

I have looked through the forums and tried all the different options Factory reset, battery pull, turn off noise reduction, re register the phone with the carrier, even reinstalling the firmware all to no avail i still cant make any call on the handset. Everything else on the phone is working fine. I would really apreciate your help. Thanks!

Can you still hear other media(music, youtube, etc) fine though the speaker?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Can you still hear other media(music, youtube, etc) fine though the speaker?

Yep

Yep

try clearing the cache/data from the phone app. Should be something like Settings > Application Manager > Phone

Edit~ hit the volume key, then the little gear and see if any of the different volumes are down

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

try clearing the cache/data from the phone app. Should be something like Settings > Application Manager > Phone

Edit~ hit the volume key, then the little gear and see if any of the different volumes are down

Nope, still not working :/

Nope, still not working :/

hmm try lowering your volume all the way then raising it, both through the software and side buttons. Seems to have fixed the issue for these guys http://androidforums.com/threads/in-call-volume-is-way-too-low.724979/

hmm try lowering your volume all the way then raising it, both through the software and side buttons. Seems to have fixed the issue for these guys http://androidforums.com/threads/in-call-volume-is-way-too-low.724

It did solve it either, actually when I try to make a phone call at first it sounds a ¨turum¨ like always did and then I can`t hear anything same goes for the one that receives the call.

It did solve it either, actually when I try to make a phone call at first it sounds a ¨turum¨ like always did and then I can`t hear anything same goes for the one that receives the call.

what if you make a call with a 3rd party dialer?

what if you make a call with a 3rd party dialer?

Its the same 

Its the same

see if there is anything blocking the speaker grill, use a old toothbrush or small needle. If that fails I'm out of ideas. You may just need to get a replacement

see if there is anything blocking the speaker grill, use a old toothbrush or small needle. If that fails I'm out of ideas. You may just need to get a replacement

Its not that cause I can make calls In skype or another app, well, I guess I`ll just need to buy a replacement as you say, thanks for trying tho, I apreciate it.

Go into a call, then try to turn up the volume. It's entirely possible that in call volume is separate from all the other volume adjustments.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Go into a call, then try to turn up the volume. It's entirely possible that in call volume is separate from all the other volume adjustments.