Building a new case, need some input

Hello everybody! I've begun designing a whole new kind of case and I'd like people's input on the design. The idea is simple; build a case for mobile computing without sacrificing price, power, or customization. It's essentially a desktop with a built in laptop screen, and places to hold whatever keyboard or mouse you want. It's quite similar to this: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/HHQV3C , but with a fully designed case that can be manufactured en mass. I'm still working on the designs, but I've got some concept art of what it should look like: 

5398742_1437672498.5863.png

(Image modeled and rendered in blender 3D) This image is missing it's handles and carrying strap, but I assure you this is on the way. I'm fairly new to the computer building scene so I'd like some input on the idea and design. Mainly, I'd like to know:

1. If you could buy something like this for your next build, would you?

2. Are there any features or part compatibility that you would like to see in a case like this?

3. Do you have any recommendations for internal structure, or airflow design?

4. Do you foresee any problems with the case concept?

5. Is there anything else worth mentioning about the case? Anything you might want to tell a beginner computer builder, or things to look out for in the case design?

I really appreciate your input. I'm fairly new to the computer building world, but in my short time there I noticed a demand for something like this that was not being met, so I'm trying to make it a reality for everybody. I actually have a kickstarter page for this project, and if you feel like this is something you really want to exist you can contribute at http://www.gofundme.com/theBrief. I need money for prototypes, and I don't have much so any contributions would help a lot. Thank you for listening, and I look forward to your feedback!

I think there is a reason things like this don't exist. I just don't think there is a market for them.

think about it. With Corsair's huge r&d budget they could afford the risk of building somthing like this and they dont.

I wish you the best of luck though.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

What size motherboard?

Where do the cables run?

Have you considered cooling?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I think there is a reason things like this don't exist. I just don't think there is a market for them.

think about it. With Corsair's huge r&d budget they could afford the risk of building somthing like this and they dont.

I wish you the best of luck though.

there are AIO computers arent there?

i would like the gpu to be up against one of the grills so its drawing air from outside

the angles look cool but you should either make them big enough for a 120mm fan or at least a stock graphics card. 

there are AIO computers arent there?

there are but they don't sell particularly well. They're also rather different from this design.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

@Defunked_Melon I would read my blog :D pun intended :P just the stuff relating to chassis designs & my project.

Have you any thoughts about which case brands you like from watching @LinusTech videos? I think that's where it started for me (NZXT Phantom) back in 2011 I was memorized by that case & really struck me to design something wicked (Still working on my own case, hand-drawn stuff is challenging)

I like the concept, very console/htpc like. I would consider it to be if designed well on par with a decent Slim tower ATX case like the RV01/4 from Silverstone or Fractal's Node/Define 202. Slim & portable power in mind.

The ATX standard is quite common amongst cases so I'd started with that, if you feel in mind you'd like something smaller MATX or MITX will be a better option. (Cut out any 3.5" size drives & completely have 2.5")

I'll follow the topic since it's intrigued my interest but I'll try to keep posted on the development, I don't have much time to check due to work related aspects.

Edited by wng_kingsley7

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

This is a very interesting project that i think is pretty cool. An inside view of the case would help a lot, so we could see how all of the components would fit in and what size fans would fit in it. Cooling may be a very big issue as the case would be very small, so i would try to keep most of the components as spaced out as possible. I would also focus on securing the components as much as possible, because you are going to (probably) be moving this around quite a bit.  Actually fitting the components into this case will also be a problem, as you wouldn't want this case being too big. I would think about buying one of these after looking at the finished design. Hope I helped a bit  :). Keep me posted on the progress and i will try to donate on gofundme.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.3GHZ COOLER: Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2  MOBO: Asus Z97-E RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black 2x4GB GPU: Soon to be EVGA 1070! Case: Fractal Define S Storage:PNY 240GB SSD, 500GB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair RM650x

It's cool, but looks a little too thin to be a full size case, i mean i bet a cpu aircooler won't fit in there.

I would use it for a build if it has enough room in the back of the mobo for cable management.

Ps: enough room for 1 or 2 140mm fans would be a good idea if there isn't yet

Thank you so much for the input! To answer many of your questions, yes it will be able to accommodate full sized motherboards, as well as full sized fans. The picture is a bit deceiving because it's only a concept model. I'd love to show you guys the interior but I'm still working on it. I'll hopefully be able to get the model for that within the week. Thank you all again, and if you like the project I would love it if you contributed to my gofundme campaign!