i need some help with next upgrade.

alright so here is the deal. i've got an r9 290 12gb ddr3 1600 ram(removed 1 faulty stick) and an amd fx6200

my rig is underperforming. every benchmark i check for the r9 290 has way higher frames than i get, and i run my settings on the lowest of the lowest.

some people have been telling me it's my cpu. but i cannot find any info on what cpu is strong enough for my gpu/if it even is my cpu. because for all i know i might just have a faulty graphics card :/

so i was thinking of upgrading to intel, and go for and i5 4690(k? dont plan on oc but if there is another reason for getting a k varian please let me know). but before i do this i would like to ask if anyone has an r9 290 hooked up to an fx6200 or if anyone has evolve(the game i play currently) and can run that on the lowest possible settings on 1080p and let me know what kind of frames you get?

thx in advance <3 

alright so here is the deal. i've got an r9 290 12gb ddr3 1600 ram(removed 1 faulty stick) and an amd fx6200

my rig is underperforming. every benchmark i check for the r9 290 has way higher frames than i get, and i run my settings on the lowest of the lowest.

some people have been telling me it's my cpu. but i cannot find any info on what cpu is strong enough for my gpu/if it even is my cpu. because for all i know i might just have a faulty graphics card :/

so i was thinking of upgrading to intel, and go for and i5 4690(k? dont plan on oc but if there is another reason for getting a k varian please let me know). but before i do this i would like to ask if anyone has an r9 290 hooked up to an fx6200 or if anyone has evolve(the game i play currently) and can run that on the lowest possible settings on 1080p and let me know what kind of frames you get?

thx in advance <3 

yes go with it as you are bottlenecking

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Umm, do you have your monitor hooked up to your graphics card or your motherboard? xD

If you aren't overclocking a Xeon 1231v3 would make the most sense on a nice h97 board :) it's basically a i5-4690k that's locked but is hyper threaded. Kindda like a combo of the 4790k and 4690. If you don't have that much money go for a i5-4460 and h97 mobo.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

It's bottlenecking. The i5 4690k would work really well with a r9 290.

Umm, do you have your monitor hooked up to your graphics card or your motherboard? xD

no he's got a fx6 which is holding his GPU back

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Umm, do you have your keyboard hooked up to your computer or to your monitor? xD

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Umm, do you have your keyboard hooked up to your computer or to your monitor? xD

Wait...What, I thought I was supposed to shove it up my ass? xD

Overclock the hell out of it, then think about the Intel switch.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

If you aren't overclocking a Xeon 1231v3 would make the most sense on a nice h97 board :) it's basically a i5-4690k that's locked but is hyper threaded. Kindda like a combo of the 4790k and 4690. If you don't have that much money go for a i5-4460 and h97 mobo.

why an i5 4460? also the xeon one looks good. however i plan on streaming in the future. and no im not planning on overclocking.

Overclock the hell out of it, then think about the Intel switch.

im kind of a retard i guess, but i tried doing it before and failed. i could give it another shot i guess, my mobo is a model 1 sabterooth from asus. i have an aftermarket cooler, it's a twin tower thingy payed about 30-40 euros for it. would i be able to oc at all with this?

no the fx6200 doesnt have onboard graphics so it is not even possible to that :P

im kind of a retard i guess, but i tried doing it before and failed. i could give it another shot i guess, my mobo is a model 1 sabterooth from asus. i have an aftermarket cooler, it's a twin tower thingy payed about 30-40 euros for it. would i be able to oc at all with this?

Yes.. yes you are able to oc this thing. 

check out this: 

btw: you don't have to follow all the UEFI setting, just playing around with clockspeed and corevoltage should be enough for the beginning.

why an i5 4460? also the xeon one looks good. however i plan on streaming in the future. and no im not planning on overclocking.

an i5-4460 and i5-4690 the only difference is th clock speed which you wouldn't notice in real world applications. If you are streaming I highly suggest the Xeon 1231v3 or Xeon 1241v3 only true difference is the clock speed. It will help a lot because it is hyper threaded and shouldn't effect your gameplay.

btw: you don't have to follow all the UEFI setting, just playing around with clockspeed and corevoltage should be enough for the beginning.

alright so i actually managed to do it with the help of the video you linked me, but my overclock was only 100mhz and the temps when to 68c in about 30 seconds wich is when my pc cut off.

this are my temps at idle just after resetting the oc https://i.imgur.com/Uw51Xs3.png

These Idee temps are really fine..68c however is a bit too much. And it ran unstable you say? Did you deactivate thermalthrotteling? But some how it was obvious that a hyper evo can cool this thing oc'd

alright so i actually managed to do it with the help of the video you linked me, but my overclock was only 100mhz and the temps when to 68c in about 30 seconds wich is when my pc cut off.

this are my temps at idle just after resetting the oc https://i.imgur.com/Uw51Xs3.png