Would the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2.0 be enough for the i7 4790K?

Dabombinable

I was wondering if it would be enough to run the i7 well within safe thermal limits as I'm not sure how much more heat it will output over my i5 4440, which has these temperatures over 24 hours of normal use with the programs on my desktop:

post-155575-0-15826900-1438027293_thumb.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Probably not. My Noctua NH-D14 have troubles having it under control @4.6ghz hitting ~85*C, so do the math. :)

Well, my ambient temperature is ~30*C (in the night...), so that is also part of the problem.

QhArSF1.png

and with medium load it goes this hot

0goDIZC.png

But still 4790k is really hot cpu when oc`ed over 4.5ghz. unless you get a winner stabilizing at lower voltage.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

It could handle my 3770k at 4,2ghz so i'm sure it'll be fine if you leave it stock.

Still using it to this day. No complaints other than ram clearance and that's my own fault for buying vengeance ram

It can be a bit finicky to get on though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah. I used it on my friends 4590 and it was idling around 27 and capped at 77 during a thermal test. Your i7 will probably be in the low 30s on idle, hit 80 at max. 

Not quite what I call well within safe thermal limits then, I've always stuck with 75oC or less with my CPU after bad experiences with some of my earlier ones.

Probably not. My Noctua NH-D14 have troubles having it under control @4.6ghz hitting ~85*C, so do the math. :)

Well, my ambient temperature is ~30*C so that is also part of the problem. But still 4790k is really hot cpu when oc`ed over 4.5ghz. unless you get a winner stabilizing at lower voltage.

I could under clock if need be, and its meant to tide me over until I find the best push/pull (needed for the Antec GX 500 Dominator) 120mm AIO watercooler.

It could handle my 3770k at 4,2ghz so i'm sure it'll be fine if you leave it stock.

Still using it to this day. No complaints other than ram clearance and that's my own fault for buying vengeance ram

It can be a bit finicky to get on though

Its a lot less finicky than any of my previous coolers, and I don't intend to overclock with it any way (well, overclock much-it depends on the temps.)

PMSL

Can you even overclock on that board?

CPU: A10-6800k @ 4.7 Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB GPU: PNY GTX 660 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo, 120 GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1 TB WD Blue PSU: Corsair HX750i Display(s): Asus VS248H-P Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard: Amazon Special Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Sound: Amazon Special Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Not quite what I call well within safe thermal limits then, I've always stuck with 75oC or less with my CPU after bad experiences with some of my earlier ones.

I could under clock if need be, and its meant to tide me over until I find the best push/pull (needed for the Antec GX 500 Dominator) 120mm AIO watercooler.

Its a lot less finicky than any of my previous coolers, and I don't intend to overclock with it any way (well, overclock much-it depends on the temps.)

Then it should be fine^^. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Can you even overclock on that board?

The Asus H87M-Pro? I should be able to providing I've got the right Bios, and I'm buying an ATX Z97 for it anyway (mATX is frustratingly lacking after years of ATX mobo).

Edit: And yes I will try to overclock on it, proving that Intel's artificial limits are BS, which was also done by Abit back in the day of the Celeron (they had a motherboard that allowed SMP with them).

PMSL