Are you gonna download and install Windows 10 as soon as it comes out?

FineVisionz

Are you gonna download and install Windows 10 as soon as it comes out?

Yup :)

Also, why is this in Troubleshooting?

Nope gonna be travelling. At an airport now :P. Will as soon as im back.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

Some won't be able to immediately. They are rolling out the upgrades, from what I remember. But anyways, I am already running the latest build. If I like it, I'll download it/buy it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I really need to fresh install Windows, so this is my question, is there going to be an option to clean install windows 10 when it drops, or will it be just "an upgrade". Given that I have a copy of Windows 8.1 and have chosen the free upgrade etc.

Yeah I will, I want to try out the new browser and see if it's any good.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

I really need to fresh install Windows, so this is my question, is there going to be an option to clean install windows 10 when it drops, or will it be just "an upgrade". Given that I have a copy of Windows 8.1 and have chosen the free upgrade etc.

Sadly there wont be a clean install option, but once you upgrade, you can re-install a clean copy, from what I heard, you just have to dig out the key in the system somehow :D

Sadly there wont be a clean install option, but once you upgrade, you can re-install a clean copy, from what I heard, you just have to dig out the key in the system somehow :D

Dammt I had a feeling they'd do it that way, god damn it Microsoft.

Dammt I had a feeling they'd do it that way, god damn it Microsoft.

Yeah, because it will just be a "windows update" not a "clean install" :( Yeah, I wanted a clean install too, my PC is clogged up with garbage

Yeah, because it will just be a "windows update" not a "clean install" :( Yeah, I wanted a clean install too, my PC is clogged up with garbage

You've got the option to do it as a clean install.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

You've got the option to do it as a clean install.

Wow, really? I have been kinda out of the loop I guess then :D

Wow, really? I have been kinda out of the loop I guess then :D

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9334/microsoft-confirms-you-can-clean-install-windows-10-after-upgrading

Here ya go. :)

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I kinda need to, because I have a 120GB SSD lying around empty sucking up juice....

Need to install Win 10 on it

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Im going to count my self lucky with my windows install being less than a month old.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

"You can clean install AFTER upgrading" ... :(

Quote from the same article - *"What it does mean is that in order to get the free upgrade, you need to upgrade from an eligible device, and once done, you can then blow that away and do a clean install."

I kinda need to, because I have a 120GB SSD lying around empty sucking up juice....

Need to install Win 10 on it

Same mine just hold GTA 5 for now

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Haha,  I need a SSD just to dedicate GTA V for...  :P

Ugh, I borrowed the Win 7 disc from a buddy I built a PC for, just to reinstall Win 7. When I plugged the HDD back in, ALL THE TEXT TURNED INTO ILLEGIBLE SYMBOLS. I shit you not. It actually happened. Welp, I was defeated. I said "FUCK THIS", and decided to wait for 10 to come out.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Ugh, I borrowed the Win 7 disc from a buddy I built a PC for, just to reinstall Win 7. When I plugged the HDD back in, ALL THE TEXT TURNED INTO ILLEGIBLE SYMBOLS. I shit you not. It actually happened. Welp, I was defeated. I said "FUCK THIS", and decided to wait for 10 to come out.

Microsoft will not give me an ISO cuz my key is "Invalid" like bitch i have been using this key for years.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Microsoft will not give me an ISO cuz my key is "Invalid" like bitch i have been using this key for years.

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!

I bought my PC from Alienware, and I thought I could download an ISO from MS themselves. 

Punch in the key, they tell me "NOPE GO TALK TO MY MANUFACTURER!"

I tried, missed the time I'm supposed to call them, said fuck it, borrowed the disc from my friend.

I don't know what happened to that install. The disc worked when I bought it and installed it (perfectly, with no strange symbols) on my friend's new PC, so either

1. My SSD is defective
  2. Install went bad (I think it's this one, had a few other strange problems like not being able to access the internet, EVEN WITH ETHERNET)
  3. CD done fucked itself when my friend had it, although I've never seen any type of scratches on it with my own eyes. He has a lot of pets, maybe something happened there

"You can clean install AFTER upgrading" ... :(

Quote from the same article - *"What it does mean is that in order to get the free upgrade, you need to upgrade from an eligible device, and once done, you can then blow that away and do a clean install."

Ahh, that's really quite poopy.

I imagine that like windows 8.1, windows 10 will have a reset feature if so you can just upgrade then use the reset feature to wipe everything.

Ahh, that's really quite poopy.

I imagine that like windows 8.1, windows 10 will have a reset feature if so you can just upgrade then use the reset feature to wipe everything.

I hope it does, Because I don't want to upgrade to 10, then reset and be back at Win8 and do the whole tedious process of upgrading all over again... my 350kbps download speed wouldn't be happy about that