All Around Great Laptop For School And Gaming Under $1,000

I'm looking for a laptop that will be useful for school notes as well as give me the ability to kick ass in lan parties. I would like it to be relatively lightweight as i will be carrying it around all day for school. It would prefer key caps similar to a macbook but it is not neccesary.

Macbook!

/s

I would take a look at the Acer Aspire V15 nitro.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

dell is releasing the new xps 15 soon that might fit your styles

razer's laptops are similar too

nevermind those are expense

check out the asus rog lineups or the lenovo ones

they tend to have good price to performance ratio

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TI6TASK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00TI6TASK&linkCode=as2&tag=hardwarevol03-20 Imdont know what "light" is to you but anything under 8 pounds is good for me. Especially since this is a 17.3 inch laptop and only weighs 6.6 pounds.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'm looking for a laptop that will be useful for school notes as well as give me the ability to kick ass in lan parties. I would like it to be relatively lightweight as i will be carrying it around all day for school. It would prefer key caps similar to a macbook but it is not neccesary.

Get a Y50 :P

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152711&cm_re=msi_ge62_apache-_-34-152-711-_-Product

Remember to follow your topics.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Lenovo L450.

Great Business Grade Laptop. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TI6TASK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00TI6TASK&linkCode=as2&tag=hardwarevol03-20 Imdont know what "light" is to you but anything under 8 pounds is good for me. Especially since this is a 17.3 inch laptop and only weighs 6.6 pounds.

Nice job going right under $1000

- good for gaming

- lightweight

- great build quality

- keys like macbook

- want it to be under $1000

..... good luck.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I might be able to stretch the Budget to $1,200.

I might be able to stretch the Budget to $1,200.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8650-clevo-p650sa-p-7847.html?wconfigure=yes

If you can do that, this is probably the best thing you'll find. If you can get the cash discount I suggest at least taking the IC Diamond paste (or doing it yourself post-sale). It's ~5.5 pounds or so, so it isn't heavy.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8650-clevo-p650sa-p-7847.html?wconfigure=yes

If you can do that, this is probably the best thing you'll find. If you can get the cash discount I suggest at least taking the IC Diamond paste (or doing it yourself post-sale). It's ~5.5 pounds or so, so it isn't heavy.

5.5 pounds is insanely heavy for a laptop

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

5.5 pounds is insanely heavy for a laptop

For a gaming laptop it's not. It's light for a gaming laptop. Less weight and less size = worse cooling. Usually this is offset by using lower end parts, but in this stupid new race for sub 1" thick, sub 4 pound gaming laptops that actually can run something more than CS:GO and CoD Black Ops 2, cooling has taken the backseat.