Microsoft wont let 980 ti owners reserve windows 10

dtronicsuk

found this as i was looking for why my windows 7 hasnt given me the option to reserve

looks like another nvidia/microsoft fail

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2951890/components-graphics/microsofts-upgrade-app-wont-let-geforce-gtx-980-ti-owners-reserve-windows-10.html

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Did you not see the update that says you can now?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Unless if it's just a small fault, you can just install it on a secondary pc/laptop that already has Windows 8, take the ISO If that's possible to and try to boot it from an SSD Onto the main System with the 980ti? Could just be a glitch, I don't see why that wouldn't work as it's just a display output to the monitor, Confuses me.

I have a 980ti and was able to reserve it.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

This has been posted before and it does not follow the requirements per the post found in the front page of the sub-forum. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch