Sony Vegas Pro 12 Blocky-ness in Render

Go to solution Solved by Ilumic,

change the bit rate setting to , Constant Bit rate and put it to 14,000,000 also change the number of reference frames to 1 and change the frame rate , to 59.970000 and the profile to baseline , these render settings make things perfect :D hope they help 

Okay so im trying to find the optimal settings for my videos and ive found some BUT every lets say 10 seconds, the video itself gets really blurry, then after 2-3 it becomes normal and nice again, then blocky again. 

Here is a screenshot of how its normally:

lL8AXlB.jpg

And a few seconds after :

FWDdl0c.png

And here are my render settings :

bNtvhkO.png

Any ideas? :D

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

change the bit rate setting to , Constant Bit rate and put it to 14,000,000 also change the number of reference frames to 1 and change the frame rate , to 59.970000 and the profile to baseline , these render settings make things perfect :D hope they help 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

change the bit rate setting to , Constant Bit rate and put it to 14,000,000

Yep just got that idea 2 seconds after posting it, render is half way done, hopefully it works

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Yep just got that idea 2 seconds after posting it, render is half way done, hopefully it works

np hope it works ;D 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

np hope it works ;D 

So the constant 14,000,000 bitrate fixed the problem! all looks good but the file size is 100mb/minute for a 720p video seems a bit high, will either deal with it or also try adobe premiere pro since i think i can use CUDA there ( for some reason vegas doesnt want to use my 680 to render faster )

download something called "easy h264" and convert it to mp4 again and it will shrink the size to about 14mb ;D and im glad i helped 

download something called "easy h264" and convert it to mp4 again and it will shrink the size to about 14mb ;D and im glad i helped 

Trying it now :D man if that works really well i could go for better quality, since i dont really mind it being 50mb/minute but 100 was too much!

Oh you legend, from 1GB it went down to 327mb! ( its a 10minute video ) Thank you for that, it took more than i thought to encode but im happy since youtube uploading will be less than half!

Oh you legend, from 1GB it went down to 327mb! ( its a 10minute video ) Thank you for that, it took more than i thought to encode but im happy since youtube uploading will be less than half!

Glad i helped ;D