My pc turns off suddenly and then turns back on by itself. Help please!

SpeWnz

Hello, i am new to this forum, so sorry if maybe i posted this topic in the wrong section, but i really need help! :(

I have this pc for bout 2 years and it is all good. Now  for some reason, as the title says, it turns off all of the sudden by itself. There is no crash, no blue screen, nothing. Just turns off, then a couple of seconds later it turns back on. 

Now since i have 2 screens i was able to check the temperatures of the cpu and video card, and they were fine. Max temp of the cpu was 45-50 and gpu 30-45.

I tought it was the psu getting too hot, so as of now i am pointing a ventilator right on the pc interior >.<

What can be the reason of all this? :( Do i need to change the power supply? Please some of you expert people help me!

Here i will list my pc components if you need:

Case: Corsair Vengeance c70
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB
MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 Hydro Copper 4GB Edition
PSU: Corsair AX 760i
2 HDDs: 1 for games and OS, the other for recording and editing. 2TB each

Thanks for your time.

Do you have a overclock?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Do you have a overclock?

+1 

You have a K series CPU is it Overclocked if so have you tried dropping it down to stock clock speed, 

Are you doing anything specific when it crashes, that includes any background programs,

It could be overheating how dusty is it? it may need new thermal paste? Is it a stock cooler?

The Power supply could be trying to draw more power then it can handle, although i doubt it

Ram could be faulty, I've seen PC's crash like that and its been the RAM

CPU : i7 5820k l MB : ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1 l RAM : 64GB l GPUs : GTX 970 l Case : Corsair 350D l SSD 2x250gb HDD 2x3tb Raid0 l CS750M PSU
CPU : i7 920 l MB : Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD5 l RAM : 24 GB  l Case : CoolerMaster Silencio l 3x3TB Raid 5 l  Corsair VS650 | ESXI 5.5
Asus G551VW | i7 6700HQ | 32 GB | GTX 960M | 500 GB Samsung mSata | 1TB WD 

Do you have a overclock?

No i don't. However i do think that my video card is a bit overclocked by  default because it is a special edition from evga. But keep in mind that nothing has happened until now :/ i don't think it is the overclock.

+1 

You have a K series CPU is it Overclocked if so have you tried dropping it down to stock clock speed, 

Are you doing anything specific when it crashes, that includes any background programs,

It could be overheating how dusty is it? it may need new thermal paste? Is it a stock cooler?

The Power supply could be trying to draw more power then it can handle, although i doubt it

Ram could be faulty, I've seen PC's crash like that and its been the RAM

It is not super dusty. And you mean cpu cooler? I have a corsair h100i. Also i was doing nothing special. Just playing games with my friends and stuff like that, as usual.

No i don't. However i do think that my video card is a bit overclocked by  default because it is a special edition from evga. But keep in mind that nothing has happened until now :/ i don't think it is the overclock.

It is not super dusty. And you mean cpu cooler? I have a corsair h100i.

I'd go for a clean install in windows.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

It is not super dusty. And you mean cpu cooler? I have a corsair h100i. Also i was doing nothing special. Just playing games with my friends and stuff like that, as usual.

I'm leaning towards more a hardware fault (PSU being the most likely cause) , but you could backup and format and if you still got problems take it to a friend/tech or attempt to fix it yourself 

CPU : i7 5820k l MB : ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER/3.1 l RAM : 64GB l GPUs : GTX 970 l Case : Corsair 350D l SSD 2x250gb HDD 2x3tb Raid0 l CS750M PSU
CPU : i7 920 l MB : Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD5 l RAM : 24 GB  l Case : CoolerMaster Silencio l 3x3TB Raid 5 l  Corsair VS650 | ESXI 5.5
Asus G551VW | i7 6700HQ | 32 GB | GTX 960M | 500 GB Samsung mSata | 1TB WD 

This sounds like your graphics card vrms or memory temperatures, as those are not monitors. Failing that, it is possible that your power supply has failing capacitors, or that the power socket you are connecting your computer to is failing. If your PC's power led is on when it's "off," then its your graphics card. To test if its the is, go into safe mode, or into the vios and see if it crashes from there.

Usually crash like that is because of PSU failing to deliver power. Those crashes would occur under load. If this happens during idle or light load, it can be also RAM related. I doubt that its Windows issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm leaning towards more a hardware fault (PSU being the most likely cause) , but you could backup and format and if you still got problems take it to a friend/tech or attempt to fix it yourself 

Ok so now i have been with the pc on with the ventilator pointing at it to keep it cool for about 1 hour and a half. Unlike before, now it is not that hot by touching it. And my pc is still on doing the usual stuff i do. So is it really a heat problem? Could it be that the psu fan had some sort of damage and does not spin well?  

Not one person even suggested he check event viewer. And this is a "tech" forum. 

Check event viewer, see why it crashed. It sounds like temps to me but it could be a PSU issue. Download open hardware monitor and have it log your temps. See what the temps are right before it crashes because by the time you boot back up the temps will drop to normal. 

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Diag1:

1. Check Event Viewer for any errors that cause hard-faults in the system.

2. If it is say your RAM, try replacing your RAM.

Diag2:

1. Open your control panel.

2. Open System > Advanced System Settings > System Properties

3. Click on Startup & Recovery > Settings. 

4. Uncheck the Automatic Restart.

5. Next time the error occurs, take a picture of the blue screen that now pops up, and quote this post with the Picture.

Does it do it when the PC has been running for a while, or only during start-up?

My PC did this a while ago, I replaced my motherboard. I had some issues wi it not posting a few days ago and am currently in the process of getting a new PSU.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

Not one person even suggested he check event viewer. And this is a "tech" forum.

Check event viewer, see why it crashed. It sounds like temps to me but it could be a PSU issue. Download open hardware monitor and have it log your temps. See what the temps are right before it crashes because by the time you boot back up the temps will drop to normal.

No shit.. Reading through this everyone has a different cause.. This is probably confusing the shit out of the poor guy.. ^ run event viewer.. Also you may want to do this

Start>Run>CMD(as administrator)

Then type this command: powercfg -energy

it will test your hardware for 60 seconds and tell you all the issues relating to power.. If your PSU is at fault.. This test will let you know..

No shit.. Reading through this everyone has a different cause.. This is probably confusing the shit out of the poor guy.. ^ run event viewer.. Also you may want to do this

Start>Run>CMD(as administrator)

Then type this command: powercfg -energy

it will test your hardware for 60 seconds and tell you all the issues relating to power.. If your PSU is at fault.. This test will let you know..

I executed the command and i got this result:

C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -energy
Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...
Observing system behavior...
Analyzing trace data...
Analysis complete.

Energy efficiency problems were found.

10 Errors
13 Warnings
15 Informational

See C:\Windows\System32\energy-report.html for more details.

C:\Windows\System32>

What now? D:

A'right. I found out the problem. I have been 2 days with the ventilator on the psu, and nothing happened. This morning i played some TF2 with my friends, without the ventilator and the pc shutted down and back up for 3 times in less than 2 minutes. And yes, the psu was hot. So yea... it is a overheating problem :( What Psu should i buy then to replace?

A'right. I found out the problem. I have been 2 days with the ventilator on the psu, and nothing happened. This morning i played some TF2 with my friends, without the ventilator and the pc shutted down and back up for 3 times in less than 2 minutes. And yes, the psu was hot. So yea... it is a overheating problem :( What Psu should i buy then to replace?

Sorry for the late reply I was doing family stuff yesterday, if the PSU runs still save it and buy a new one, if by ventilator you mean fan then it just needs a new fan so keep it as a spare (after a year it will be safe to take apart with out having to discharge)

As for a new PSU go with what ever suites your needs man, I'm not gonna be a hater on one brand or another as everyone's needs are different.

Is your case windowed?

Does it have a PSU cover?

Can the PSU be installed fan side down? How much room do you have in your case?

Will you be running dual gpu (or more)?

Whats your power consumption (in Watts)?

These are all things to take in to consideration as well as reviews them selves.