Windows Key

Amazingasian

My Windows 8 key is going to come in the mail in a couple of days and I need an operating system on my computer now.  Is there a way to install the iso today and activate the key using Command Prompt on Saturday?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

You get a 30 day trial of Windows and it prompts you to put a key in every day I think. So you can install Win8 now, and then make it genuine when you input the key you get in the mail. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Thats right. Option activate later.

You get a 30 day trial of Windows and it prompts you to put a key in every day I think. So you can install Win8 now, and then make it genuine when you input the key you get in the mail. 

Thats right. Option activate later.

I thought they removed that in windows 8 and require it on install. Or was that 8.1?

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

I thought they removed that in windows 8 and require it on install. Or was that 8.1?

Hmmmmm, actually not sure to be honest, I know that it's available in Win7, I'd think that it'd carry over to Win8 and Win8.1 for sure. 

So yeah, I'm fairly certain you can go through the installation process without a key, though there seems to be a fullscreen request every couple of hours...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Just to be safe, I'm giving my windows 8 key to my friend and buying windows 7 home premium.  Where can I download the iso?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4