Does anyone else find the Razer Kraken uncomfortable?

c_marriott

I've had the Razer Kraken for a while now and I can't wear it for more than an hour without it being so uncomfortable I have to lift one ear off to give it time to recover,

I only really got them to match my keyboard and mouse set.

Does anyone know a decent headset that doesn't put too much pressure on your head and can be worn without becoming uncomfortable?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

The reason I got rid of them. The quality wasn't all so good and it felt,like it was squeezing my head to the point where it hurt. I'd get the Kingston HyperX Cloud 1s. I love them

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well i have tried MANY headsets recently and those which were most comfy was Steelseries 9H (dear god those cushions were nice) and Qpad QH-90/85 (same has Kingston Hyperx Cloud)

My corsair H2100's do a good job, I had regular 2100's but the USB dongle broke. Nice padding.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

I'm not too worried about sound quality, they're just there to stop my Mum from hearing my friends talking.

I'm pretty sure that the headset is causing me to have headaches and constant discomfort, even after I've stopped wearing them. 

I don't want to spend anymore than £50 so the Steelseries are a bit too expensive, as well as the Corsair ones from the look of it.

What is the build quality like of the Hyper cloud?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

steel series siberia v3?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

That's why I sold mine and bought a studio mic and ATH-M50s

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I have the Chroma Kracken 7.1 and after a couple of hours I get a slight ache on my ears, but every headset will become slightly unconfortable after a certain number of hours. I just take them off for a few seconds. I have had headphones in the past that became uncomfortable just after 30mins. (Afterglow Wireless)

I have the Chroma Kracken 7.1 and after a couple of hours I get a slight ache on my ears, but every headset will become slightly unconfortable after a certain number of hours. I just take them off for a few seconds. I have had headphones in the past that became uncomfortable just after 30mins. (Afterglow Wireless)

There's a difference between a slight ache and having a headache for the rest of the day due to the headset. I'm sure there are better ones that will not cause this pain

I'm not too worried about sound quality, they're just there to stop my Mum from hearing my friends talking.

I'm pretty sure that the headset is causing me to have headaches and constant discomfort, even after I've stopped wearing them.

I don't want to spend anymore than £50 so the Steelseries are a bit too expensive, as well as the Corsair ones from the look of it.

Might sound really stupid, but have you tried ajusting them on the sides making them looser?

steel series siberia v3?

What is the padding like on them?

Might sound really stupid, but have you tried ajusting them on the sides making them looser?

Yeah, I've tried all lengths, they are either too loose to fit or too tight to wear

I don't have them, but I'm looking to buy them tho.

At least Jack found them nice

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Very soft, like really soft

I tried it and liked it alot but mostly ignored it afterwards cause they don't offer as good audio.

hyperx cloud build quality is excellent

Planning to sell the Krakens + old mouse to get the Hyperx Cloud II, hopefully they'll be more comfortable.