Official Osu! Thread

NeatSquidYT

Well managed to get myself a CTH-470 2nd hand for quite cheap with a voucher I forgot I had. Only reason it's a B-Grade is because someone didn't give it a wipe down.

What kind of active area do you guys play with? I know it's personal preference but a rough starting idea would be nice

Start with full area, decrease bit by bit until you reach an area that you feel comfortable with.

Start with full area, decrease bit by bit until you reach an area that you feel comfortable with.

Alright, I'll give that a go. Thanks!

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

My Huion H420 arrived today :D

man that was fast, it took me exact 1 month

man that was fast, it took me exact 1 month

It took 31 days for me too... not that fast at all.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It took 31 days for me too... not that fast at all.

oh lmao nvm

I was saying that I can 100% give you a loan of a million dollars

Alright, I'll give that a go. Thanks!

what is your profile link? show it so the member here can add you :)

what is your profile link? show it so the member here can add you :)

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/TheElt

Anyone got any good songs in the normal-hard range? That's where I need the most practice for travel distances

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Anyone got any good songs in the normal-hard range? That's where I need the most practice for travel distances

I suggest browsing previous beatmaps of the week in this thread :)

also added as friend :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

i have some, how many stars in a diff you're currently playing on?

i have some, how many stars in a diff you're currently playing on?

I'm trying to get better at 3 stars and there are some 4 star maps I'm pushing myself to try and do

I'm trying to get better at 3 stars and there are some 4 star maps I'm pushing myself to try and do

not doubting you, but 172pp and playing 3 stars map? that's pretty odd :D

not doubting you, but 172pp and playing 3 stars map? that's pretty odd :D

Well, I'm starting to get back into 3 star maps. When I played with my Surface I could at least complete them and they were challenging to work on, Bad Apple took me about a week to learn, but I'm not familiar enough with my tablet to try and beat my old score yet

Well, I'm starting to get back into 3 star maps. When I played with my Surface I could at least complete them and they were challenging to work on, Bad Apple took me about a week to learn, but I'm not familiar enough with my tablet to try and beat my old score yet

i can recommend my fav map, Kokou No Sousei :D

The only thing that annoys me more in osu than choking is loosing pp because of how the scoring system works.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

The only thing that annoys me more in osu than choking is loosing pp because of how the scoring system works.

how to lose pp 101: play a map, play it again with HD but lose a combo. and you're done, your pp now must be decreasing.

how to lose pp 101: play a map, play it again with HD but lose a combo. and you're done, your pp now must be decreasing.

I like to do it backwards. Play with HD almost FC then play w/o HD and FC it with same acc

osu! profile

I like to do it backwards. Play with HD almost FC then play w/o HD and FC it with same acc

that is a guide how to lose pp ma friend.

How does losing pp works?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

The osu servers always only save the highest score that you have achieved on a beatmap. However, score is calculated differently than pp. So if you get a play that has a higher score, but lower pp than a previous play on a beatmap, the old score gets overwritten and therefore only the newer play with a better score, but worse pp gets saved.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

for example:

you finish a map with a S FC nomod with about 500combo, and then you do it again with Hidden and get S with a slider break, so you get around 490-495ish combo. the Hidden play have better score, but because pp measurement include combo counts, so your pp results is lower than the first play.

It has finally happened.

8PNdamt.png