What Game Emulator Should I Use?

NerdNinja
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

This is the correct link for dolphin emulator is this:

https://dolphin-emu.org/

The link that @Zulkkis gave you is wrong, and it doesn't have the latest version. It is just some guy maintaining this duplicated of sorts site.

The genuine site has articles on the emulator itself and cover challenges and improvement they were able to solve and cool stuff like this, and include progress reports.

Hey guys, so recemtly I've gotten hooked on Super Smash Bro's Melee for the Nintendo GameCube.Now I already have the colsole and game but I hear the emulator has online support.

My question is (If you didn't read the title somehow) what emulator should I use? I don't want to accidentaly get one that will just be bloatware or something :/

Also I really love Crazy Taxi and now I know that it was on the Sega Dreamcast  (Thank you Austin!!!) so if you guys know of a good Emulator for that tha'd be awesome as well :D

Thanks!!!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

You can use Dolphin for gamecube emulator and for dreamcast you can use nullDC

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Dolphin or nothing for Wii and Gamecube.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

is the isozone legit for the iso games?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

You can use Dolphin for gamecube emulator and for dreamcast you can use nullDC

Dolphin or nothing for Wii and Gamecube.

These guides will help you get netplay set up properly https://www.smashladder.com/help/netplay-guides

Ok! Sweet! Now what about the ISO's?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

If you want to play online, you'll probably have to use the current website and builds https://dolphin-emu.org/download/. And we can't help you get the games because that would be againts the coc. If you need I guide for ripping your own here might be a good place to start, https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Ripping_Game_Discs, though its not hard to figure out what to do otherwise.

This is the correct link for dolphin emulator is this:

https://dolphin-emu.org/

The link that @Zulkkis gave you is wrong, and it doesn't have the latest version. It is just some guy maintaining this duplicated of sorts site.

The genuine site has articles on the emulator itself and cover challenges and improvement they were able to solve and cool stuff like this, and include progress reports.