MSI GE72 Apache vs ASUS ROG G751

BarisERY

hey guys my friend is in market for a new laptop that he will use for gaming, but he unsure between these 2, so i came up with the idea to ask you guys :D

http://www.msi.com/product/notebook/GE72-2QF-Apache-Pro.html#hero-overview

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/G751/

Which specific models are you guys looking at? Because both these machines come with a number of variants. And also, budget.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Which specific models are you guys looking at? Because both these machines come with a number of variants. And also, budget.

they both actually have the same specs 

Not really knowing what your target budget is  but seeing as the msi comes in at about 1500 @ newegg and the closest asus version to the msi comes in at 1936 @ newegg I'll assume it would be no more than 2000. There are 4 other veneration of the asus laptop and 1936 is the cheapest if shopping at newegg.  Seeing as they both come with a 970m gpu and have the same ability to upgrade in terms of storage and ram it comes down to price and whether or not you want a 5th gen processor or a 4th gen. Personally I would go with the msi it is a tad lighter but not by much it is cheaper but prices very from place to place and it does come with a 5th gen processor which have better battery life and thermals which is always nice in a laptop.  

they both actually have the same specs 

They don't have the same specs. The Asus G751 link you gave gives an overview of all the available models.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap