Can I cool a 5960x with an h100i under video editing workloads

Im a video editor biulding a small system with a 5960x inside of a define r5. I want to try and stay with an aio cooler to cut down on space because its crucial this system is as portable as possible and the r5 is exactly what I needed. 

Also, How would this case handle dual titan x cards with the 3 drive bay at the bottom and the 5 1/4" bays at the top? Thanks.

ofc you can. If you want the system to be portable I wouldn't go with liquid cooling though, big heatsink would be safer  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have a H100 keeping a 2500k stable at 5ghz... it hit 86c on teh hottest core under Aida Extreme stress testing.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

I would say that depends on the fans. I got a 5930K OC to 4,4GHz with a 480mm rad and I top out at 70 degree, thanks to bequiet! fans not moving enough air/lack pressure.

Dual Titan X is waisted on Video Editing, as I dont know of a single program that uses more then 1 GPU. Also, if that is your goal, a Quadro card or an older Ttian will be better.

yes I am overclocking and i'm planning to use corsairs fans with the color rings, could anyone recommend ones that will work well on the radiator? Also the dual Titan X cards are being used to power many monitors as-well as DaVinci Resolve and all that cuda goodness in rendering Maya shapes in After Effects.

yes I am overclocking and i'm planning to use corsairs fans with the color rings, could anyone recommend ones that will work well on the radiator? Also the dual Titan X cards are being used to power many monitors as-well as DaVinci Resolve and all that cuda goodness in rendering Maya shapes in After Effects.

I'd seriously consider a 280 AIO for the 5960X. This is a 8 cores monster compares to 4 cores mainstream. We are talking about 200W TDP vs 100W TDP after overclocking. 

Also, I think some people overplay the importance of fans. The best fans is only 2-3*C better than average fans, e.g. Noctua NF-F12 vs SP120. However, I'd still recommend Noctua fans for their quality. Cheaper fans like Corsair's will develop motor/bearing noise after 6-12 months of use. 

Also, I think some people overplay the importance of fans. The best fans is only 2-3*C better than average fans, e.g. Noctua NF-F12 vs SP120. However, I'd still recommend Noctua fans for their quality. Cheaper fans like Corsair's will develop motor/bearing noise after 6-12 months of use. 

So you are saying that there is only 2-3 degree difference between a 1000 RPM silent fan and a 3000 RPM monster?

So you are saying that there is only 2-3 degree difference between a 1000 RPM silent fan and a 3000 RPM monster?

I'm saying quality. Best=/=higher rpm. NF-F12 is about 2*C better than SP120 in 1100-1200rpm range.

Not sure how many people feels comfortable with the noise when fans spinning 3000rpm next to them. 

https://youtu.be/2l6jn3JJkF4

I'm saying quality. Best=/=higher rpm. NF-F12 is about 2*C better than SP120 in 1100-1200rpm range.

Not sure how many people feels comfortable with the noise when fans spinning 3000rpm next to them. 

https://youtu.be/2l6jn3JJkF4

I dont know about you, but I see more then a few degree difference on the fans:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1274407/fans-the-most-complete-and-comprehensive-array-of-tests-and-benchmarks

I dont know about you, but I see more then a few degree difference on the fans:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1274407/fans-the-most-complete-and-comprehensive-array-of-tests-and-benchmarks

I really don't think it's fair to compare a fan with max 1200rpm and another one with 3000rpm. 

More reasonable way would be to compare their cooling capacity at the same noise level. Otherwise, the Delta fan will always win because they spin at 5,000rpm but noisier than a jet engine. How many people use Delta fan in their gaming and video editing rigs?

Simple answer, lets not complicate things - Definitely yes - Intel 'stock' cooler for this CPU is a 120mm AIO, a 240mm AIO such as the Corsair H100 series is more than capable. 

To complicate things - Its a very capable cooler, but you wont have the same cooling capacity as say a multi radiator setup with a custom loop, so don't expect to be raging the core clock and volts that those systems are.

You should be able to push close to, if not 1.3vcore through it and whatever clocks you reach under that voltage and still have very safe CPU temps with a H100i.

I was cooling my 5820k at 1.325v @ 4.5ghz no problems on a H100i.

I really don't think it's fair to compare a fan with max 1200rpm and another one with 3000rpm. 

More reasonable way would be to compare their cooling capacity at the same noise level. Otherwise, the Delta fan will always win because they spin at 5,000rpm but noisier than a jet engine. How many people use Delta fan in their gaming and video editing rigs?

Even if you ignore the high RPM fans, so is it still a big difference in bottom, if you pick up the wrong fan.

So fans mather.

you should look into the swiftech h-240x if you can find it get it, its the best aio liquid cooler

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

I keep my i7 5820K cool with the H110i! I think it, under heavy load,hits the low 60's as the most!

ofc you can. If you want the system to be portable I wouldn't go with liquid cooling though, big heatsink would be safer  :lol:

Are you sure? I would have figured a big heatsink would put stress on the motherboard while transporting the computer?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Are you sure? I would have figured a big heatsink would put stress on the motherboard while transporting the computer?

2011 mobos have good backplates and you can put the computer on the side to avoid any kind of pulling.

Water is water, shake something like that long enough...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Im a video editor biulding a small system with a 5960x inside of a define r5. I want to try and stay with an aio cooler to cut down on space because its crucial this system is as portable as possible and the r5 is exactly what I needed. 

Also, How would this case handle dual titan x cards with the 3 drive bay at the bottom and the 5 1/4" bays at the top? Thanks.

First, yeah, you can cool the 5960x with an H100i, i would get a 280mm rad for silence and because it's not much more money and it's natively supported on the case. The Titan X cards...I just don't see the point, non reference models are hard to find and those cards get really hot, besides, dual 980ti s would have nearly as much performance, would be quieter and better temps overall, specially if you get a nice aftermarket cooler (An R5 is overall a well ventilated case, the blower style cooler doesn't help) The titan x has a few more cuda cores than the 980 ti, an amount of vram that's....ridiculous and no double precision, i just don't see the value. Anyway, get a corsair H110i GT, the price is very similar and it wil be cooler and quieter. NZXT Kraken X61 or Nepton 280L are good options too, assuming you will change the stock fans.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10