Recent GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Reviews....

FineVisionz

So,  I have been saving up my money to buy a new graphics card.  I have had my mind set for buy a GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming for a while, but I just looked at the recent reviews on the card and a lot of people have been RMA there card and complaining about things,  I know it has 4/5 eggs out of 88 reviews, but what are your guys opinions on this?

So,  I have been saving up my money to buy a new graphics card.  I have had my mind set for buy a GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming for a while, but I just looked at the recent reviews on the card and a lot of people have been RMA there card and complaining about things,  I know it has 4/5 eggs out of 88 reviews, but what are your guys opinions on this?

Did people say why they had to RMA or?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Did people say why they had to RMA or?

Pretty much everyone with bad reviews give it bad reviews because their card has a very loud coil whine (Although not the case for all G1 980Ti's ofc, mine runs perfectly, just seems a higher % of people with the G1 have issues compared to other aftermarket 980Ti's)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Pretty much everyone with bad reviews give it bad reviews because their card has a very loud coil whine (Although not the case for all G1 980Ti's ofc, mine runs perfectly, just seems a higher % of people with the G1 have issues compared to other aftermarket 980Ti's)

Coil whine isnt something you can RMA a video card for though lmao

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I finally decided to order mine today. I was also on the fence because there are too many conflicting reviews. It seems like some had coil whine issues which is expected, but it just seemed like it was more than the usual amount for a g1 branded cards. Also some people report it as being loud, and other say its silent.

I figured i would risk it and order it. and if its bad I would go for the ASUS or MSI versions.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

Yeah I don't think you can normally, although you can with some sites if it's loud and you can hear it from 2 arms lengths away with a closed case :o

Or at least that's what OCUK said in a past email to me aha

And just looking through some of the newegg reviews seems a couple people got 'lucky' and were able to RMA it

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

What's the G1 980Ti's ofc?  

What's the G1 980Ti's ofc?  

ofc = of course aha (Sorry I'm too lazy to type it all c: ) 

I own a 980ti g1 gaming and i can say there is 0 coil whinein mine and runs very cool 27ish C idle and 70C load max

27 degrees on idle? o_o 

Do you have the fans spinning on Idle? 

Could I go to like best buy/frys electronics or some store like it, have them order the card for in store pick up and if it has a problem I can just go back to the store and return it and have them order another one insted of having to RMA it and ship the card?

The default fan profile for the 980 ti is pretty silent. But where the 980 ti G1 gets loud at is when the fans are spinning a higher speeds. Some noticed this because they're pushing higher overclocks and need a more aggressive fan profile. Thus leading to some unhappy with the noise.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I finally decided to order mine today. I was also on the fence because there are too many conflicting reviews. It seems like some had coil whine issues which is expected, but it just seemed like it was more than the usual amount for a g1 branded cards. Also some people report it as being loud, and other say its silent.

I figured i would risk it and order it. and if its bad I would go for the ASUS or MSI versions.

When are you expecting to get yours?  I would love to hear back how your experience is with the card.

When are you expecting to get yours?  I would love to hear back how your experience is with the card.

In 2 days. Ill let you know who it turns out.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

The default fan profile for the 980 ti is pretty silent. But where the 980 ti G1 gets loud at is when the fans are spinning a higher speeds. Some noticed this because they're pushing higher overclocks and need a more aggressive fan profile. Thus leading to some unhappy with the noise.

Pretty much this. My card does coil whine, but it is usually drowned out by the fans. At ~80% fan speed the card is quite loud and annoying. Honestly it's probably best to just water cool it so you don't have to deal with it. Just make sure your case fans are loud enough to beat out any coil whine you might have.

Pretty much this. My card does coil whine, but it is usually drowned out by the fans. At ~80% fan speed the card is quite loud and annoying. Honestly it's probably best to just water cool it so you don't have to deal with it. Just make sure your case fans are loud enough to beat out any coil whine you might have.

I do not plan to water cool my card.  My fans are pretty quiet.  Even for stock fans in the Air 540.

Meh, I am pretty happy with my reference EVGA 980Ti Superclocked... temps are a bit higher, but I don't need any of this G1, Strix or whateverthefuck anyways :D

Meh, I am pretty happy with my reference EVGA 980Ti Superclocked... temps are a bit higher, but I don't need any of this G1, Strix or whateverthefuck anyways :D

I want the G1 because it gets a bit better cooling,  it looks pretty fricken sweet in my opinion, and it will match my build pretty well.

I want the G1 because it gets a bit better cooling,  it looks pretty fricken sweet in my opinion, and it will match my build pretty well.

Yeah, it is black/white, would match my build too because I have a black/white combo too :D but yeah, I like the reference cooler and I will mod the green LED to fit perfectly :) I like to keep it simple :D

Not exactly true, I can return any card, PSU etc. for coil whine in my country :P And I did.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Get the Zotac amp!extreme and you will not think about other Cards again.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Not exactly true, I can return any card, PSU etc. for coil whine in my country :P And I did.

Well youre lucky they agreed because most companies wont accept this as a valid reason to return hardware.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

I did have a G1 on order however seeing a lot of people having extreme coil whine I changed my order to an EVGA 980Ti classified 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Formula | GPU: EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB | Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX     RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz | HDD: 2TB Western Digital | PSU: Corsair AX850i

Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB | OS: Windows 8.1  

Throw out threats that you'll never shop at the particular retailer again and you'd be surprised at what you can get for doing so.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I received my card today, and im very happy to report i have no coil wine!!!  ASIC  is 79.6%. Im gonna run some games and overclock it and let you know how it runs.