EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ vs Gigabyte Gtx 980 Ti Gaming G1.

sew999

Hello. I cant decide which card to buy. EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ vs Gigabyte Gtx 980 Ti Gaming G1.

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ boost is 1190mhz.   Gigabyte Gtx 980 Ti Gaming G1 boost is 1241mhz. How much fps will be difference between that two cards? EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 is smaller. I have small case .

But i cant decide. If fps diffference will be small then i take EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+.

If both are the same price, go for the G1. The G1 cards are better overclockers when compared to the EVGA ones, and are possibly cooler due to 3 fans instead of 2.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Go with the G1 Gaming, especially if they're the same price
That display crashes problem isn't that common I think ?

Spoiler

G1 has had serious issues coil whine and dead Dvi ports quality control issues if you read the dozens of reviews on newegg. It also runs very loud if you crank the fans up to keep it cool while or overclocking.

Both are reasons I returned mine

https://youtu.be/pAILvRdtP6s

G1 Gaming has been the best in overclockable cards for quite a while now

But the 980ti version hasn't performed as well and have had numerous complaints about coil whine and DOA cards

I would try to look into the Zotac AMP! Series though, they have been performing well especially on the 980ti cards

This holding me:

http://forums.evga.com/980-Ti-SC-ACX-20-Nvidia-Driver-Crash-Questions-m2348425.aspx

Is this common problems with that cards? I dont want to get display crashes on stock.

Anybody with that card can share experiences? Crashes at stock settings?

That should not be a common problem and bad chips can come from any GPU.

The G1 Gaming is known for being the coolest air cooler, but it usually comes at a price of noise. Gigabyte have released a new BIOS that reduces TDP from 300w to 280w. This has allowed them to reduce max fan speeds. Temperatures have risen by a few degrees, but overclocking and has remained the same and noise levels have dropped.