Mouse Sensitivity

john_the_papito

I like to play on  a very fast movement on any game so just asking is it better to play on low sensitivity in game but setting your mouse to a higher DPI or is it better to play on low DPI with high sensitivity in game !

High dpi and low sensitivity. You get your raw mouse input that way with more accuracy. Also, turn mouse acceleration off. (Unless you're somehow very used to it)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Usually low sensitivity is more accurate, but it's really up to your preference. Use what you feel works best for you.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

High DPI, low sensitivity is better.

Additionally, the lower your sens is, the more precise your actions will be.

This is particularly useful for comp to get that extra bit of precision over your foes.

What-EVER you like more. That's why you can choose your DPI  :P​ I personally like it between 3400-4500 DPI. 

You want low DPI and low sensitivity...

Windows sensitivity (pointer speed) should be kept at 6/11 with enhanced pointer precision unchecked.

Game sensitivity is generally fine anywhere between default and 0, but you don't want to raise it above default. DPI is what you want to increase if you need more sensitivity, but you should try to keep this as low as humanly possible without it becoming impractical...At 1080p resolution, you shouldn't need to go even as high as 2000.

Put simply...

- If in-game sensitivity is too high, lower in-game sensitivity as much as you need. If zero is still too high, then lower DPI.

- If in-game sensitivity is too low at it's default sensitivity, then raise DPI.

High dpi and low sensitivity. You get your raw mouse input that way with more accuracy. Also, turn mouse acceleration off. (Unless you're somehow very used to it)

how do i turn my mouse acceleration off

It should be in your mouse settings/properties.

You might want to listen to what Toby says as it's a useful bit of information.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Set in game sens to some low number like 1 or 3 (my preferences in most games) and adjust dpi and sense from mouse drivers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

"Enhanced Pointer Precision" is mouse acceleration (which is why you want it unchecked). If you have some mouse configuration software like Razer Synapse or Logitech Setpoint there may also be an acceleration setting in there, but it'll probably be at 0 by default anyway.