Is bad to leave pc on all of the time?

MaximusX

On always though I put it to sleep when not using it. Only reboot for updates

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

If it is at high temperatures all of the time then yes.

Turn it off when you're not going to use it for extended periods of time. (Sleeping, work, vacation, etc.) Otherwise, don't bother turning it off.

On always though I put it to sleep when not using it. Only reboot for updates

That's what I've done for 8 years with no issues, so no, it's not bad.

"Rawr XD"

I like to leave mine on, it's better for any SSD's you may have. It's better that they keep spinning rather than starting and stopping. As long as you have a good (not a cheapo, which you don't) power supply, it should be fine. 

Unless you live in like the desert and its crazy high temps always on your pc, itll be fine. Only thing people might be antsy about would be power consumption, but thats pretty low usually anyway.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I like to leave mine on, it's better for any SSD's you may have. It's better that they keep spinning rather than starting and stopping. As long as you have a good (not a cheapo, which you don't) power supply, it should be fine. 

Uhhhhhh SSD's dont spin lmao

I think you mean HDD's ;P

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

As long as PC temps arent' crazy fine, you can run it 24/7. I've done that for 3 years now and it's done no damage to my PC. It's better for your HDDs to be constantly running rather than keep starting up and powering down. That can reduce their life.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I never understood why people leave it on all the time. Especially if you have an SSD. I can boot into windows from sleep only 5 seconds faster than if it were off so it doesn't matter too much. I also unplug it whenever theres a thunderstorm.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

as long as its not super hot, or the fans are always running then it should be just fine. 

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

Because SSD's spin like crazy...  Anything you say now is immediatly discredited.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I never understood why people leave it on all the time. Especially if you have an SSD. I can boot into windows from sleep only 5 seconds faster than if it were off so it doesn't matter too much. I also unplug it whenever theres a thunderstorm.

This is the truth.  Hear it, read it, believe it.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Uhhhhhh SSD's dont spin lmao

I think you mean HDD's ;P

I did..I was on another topic about SSD's so I accidentally typed it.

Because SSD's spin like crazy...  Anything you say now is immediatly discredited.

xD Well thanks. I'm already a "n00b" around here. I did mean HDD's though. Lol.

It's better to let is stay on constantly (but with safe operating temperatures ofc) even if you use it sporadically through out the day. It's bad when you try to shut it off and on multiple times a day. I've read somewhere here on the forums before that starting up pc components can cause premature failures.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Noob

Noob

What?

do you not use surge protectors?

do you not use surge protectors?

Surge protector won't save your PC in a thunderstorm. There has been lots of research on it

Surge protector won't save your PC in a thunderstorm. There has been lots of research on it

but it helps. Once my power messed up during a thunderstorm and it ended up going through my surge protector and into the protector on my Xbox but didn't do anything to my Xbox or the PC plugged in next to it.

I shut mine down when not being used because I don't trust my AIO water cooler.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well you're paying for it to use power when you don't need it to. Also you're going to accumulate memory leaks and other errors as a result of just shoddy applications you're invariably running, so it's always good to turn off at some point.