Mad Catz Strike 3/TE VS Steelseries Apex

Go to solution Solved by SillyWabbit,

You are just stepping into the Mechanical Keyboard realm and are you sure you don't want to at least consider it? Just throwing this out there before 20 other people say the same thing.

Anyway, I've been using the Apex [RAW] for over half a year. In terms of functionality it's great. It's got the best and most powerful software out there, you can truly do some crazy stuff on there. As for the quality, it feels like a think plastic case and it flex a lot. And then you have the configurable lighting which is.. nice? Typing experience is soso, takes some getting used to the low profile keys and also the flat key surface, I don't like typing on it, but I do actually type relatively fast on it. So in summary, great features and performance, less than stellar quality, so it's probably not something you'll feel like to live with for a long time. Haven't used the other keyboards.

I've been looking for cheaper keyboards in the $100ish and below range and it appears that the best ones are the Mad Catz Strike 3, the Mad Cat Strike TE, and the Steelseries Apex. If you've used any of these keyboards (preferably at least 2 of them) can you say which one do you think is best? Thanks.

Hi.

You are just stepping into the Mechanical Keyboard realm and are you sure you don't want to at least consider it? Just throwing this out there before 20 other people say the same thing.

Anyway, I've been using the Apex [RAW] for over half a year. In terms of functionality it's great. It's got the best and most powerful software out there, you can truly do some crazy stuff on there. As for the quality, it feels like a think plastic case and it flex a lot. And then you have the configurable lighting which is.. nice? Typing experience is soso, takes some getting used to the low profile keys and also the flat key surface, I don't like typing on it, but I do actually type relatively fast on it. So in summary, great features and performance, less than stellar quality, so it's probably not something you'll feel like to live with for a long time. Haven't used the other keyboards.

Actually, yeah I'm going back to the Mechanical Keyboard Realm. lol 

Hi.