Help with migrating steam library to a new ssd

Go to solution Solved by werto165,

Say you've got the games on F:/(steam directory) and you want to move it to C:/(steam directory) you just move the game file from the one to the other and you need to click install on the place where you moved the game to.

So if it was from F to C you would want to install on C and it will discover pre existing files and everything should be fine and dandy. 

Hello to anyone who is willing to help me with my troubles.  I have recently bought a new ssd (the corsair force LX) and have tried to migrate my steam library over to the ssd.  I have followed the instructions on this page ( https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129 )  by the letter and steam still wants me to install my games even though all of the files are there. I have tried going into the properties section of the right click menu and it will not allow me to verify the integrity of the game cache like the page says.  I am lost and any help would be appreciated.  

Say you've got the games on F:/(steam directory) and you want to move it to C:/(steam directory) you just move the game file from the one to the other and you need to click install on the place where you moved the game to.

So if it was from F to C you would want to install on C and it will discover pre existing files and everything should be fine and dandy. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

So you're wanting to move them to that SSD? Or change the location to install them?

If you're wanting to change the location they install from, you'd go into your downloads settings or browse throughout your settings somewhere and it'll see your location where everything downloads to.

If you're just wanting to move them, drag and drop them pretty much. But if you're planning on having them download to this new ssd, Change the location aswell.

Hope this helps.

b0ss

Copy the steam library folder then go to settings in steam and add the library folder as a steam library directory.

You may have to click download or install before you can play again.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

This has not worked for me, for example I was trying to put gta5 on my ssd, It currently has all of the gta5 files but yet steam wants me to make room for another 60 or so gigs of data to be put on the drive.

Why didn't you just back up the games and then restore them?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE