What is the SATA connector on the Corsair H110i GTX for?

I just got a new Corsair H110i GTX liquid cooler, and attached to it are three cables, only two of which are mentioned in the manual.  The one that isn't mentioned is a SATA power cable.  Is it just supposed to go without saying that I need to connect this to the power supply?  I just want to make sure.  I'm curious why this is strangely absent from mention in the manual.

yeah you use that to power the pump iirc

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

yeah you use that to power the pump iirc

/kappa

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The SATA power connector is there to power both the pump, as well as the fans (if you have them connected to the block).

• 1 month later...

I have a question about this as well:

Do I understand it correctly, that I plug the SATA power connector into the PSU (instead of the Mobo)? 

For that I can just use a 6 pin molex to SATA cable that was delivered with my PSU?

Thanks! 

/kappa

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!!? I see it all over the bloody internet but i have no idea where it comes from or what i means. Please enlighten me. :D

who cares...

I have a question about this as well:

Do I understand it correctly, that I plug the SATA power connector into the PSU (instead of the Mobo)? 

For that I can just use a 6 pin molex to SATA cable that was delivered with my PSU?

Thanks! 

Yeah, plug the SATA power connector to the SATA cable from the PSU. This way, the PSU will directly provide power to the pump.  

Unless your PSU doesn't come with SATA power cable(very unlikely). You don't need using molex. Also molex is 4 pins, not 6.