Which DDR4 to buy with Skylake Upgrade?

i dont expect better experience than the current high end offerings, i just expect it to be similar.

Im not upgrading because of DDR-4 or performance gains. Im upgrading because i dont like to buy second hand hardware to replace my motherboard, which i would had to do since they are no new (unused) motherboards available in my region that cover my needs. And i wanted to buy more RAM anyway, 8GB weren't enough for the stuff im doing. And instead of buying 8GB DDR3 1333 i would had bought 16GB DDR3 2400 (to use it as 2133).

I dont see the profit of buying a 3 year old second hand Gigabyte Motherboard for 400€ just to get my old rig running with the features i need/want. I will probably buy a cheap non-OC board for that sandy and use it as second PC for some tasks or maybe making a gift out of it for a friend with much worse hardware. So it wont retire thats for sure.

The question of the topic just was, is it worth to pay the extra money for higher RAM speeds. f.e. DDR4-2400 vs DDR4-3000. Not DDR3 vs DDR4 in any way.

You dont need to buy second hand hardware stores still sell NEW Z77 motherboards that support ur cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293&cm_re=Z77-_-13-157-293-_-Product

and if you live in europe http://tweakers.net/categorie/47/moederborden/producten/#filter:q1bKL0pJLXLLTM1JUbJSKijKzCpW0oEIBhekJnsCRXUNdZQKEtNTgzOrUpWsDA0MdEDqklN9EyuAXBM4NzNPyQrIKQZqc8vMKUktKlayqlYyNjcAUWWJOUpW0UomxpZmSrG1tbUA

your question doesnt make sense!

your board probably still even have warranty.

Also, you expect the same performance from Skylake, but you would rather sit here with a broken computer and wait for skylake, when like you said, performance will be about the same, not the mention the higher price.  Right now DDR3 is much cheaper than DDR4, and you can get really good deals on the stuff that is out currently.

And what is wrong with replacing your motherboard?  It may be old but it is going to save you a ton of money rather than upgrading everything.  With all that money you save you could invest it in something that will actually make a difference in performance and get a new GPU or something.

Also, you expect the same performance from Skylake, but you would rather sit here with a broken computer and wait for skylake, when like you said, performance will be about the same, not the mention the higher price.  Right now DDR3 is much cheaper than DDR4, and you can get really good deals on the stuff that is out currently.

It's not that much cheaper. About $10 for a 2x4GB kit, $5 for a 4x4GB kit, and $15 for a 4x8GB kit. And that's comparing DDR4 at 2133+ with DDR3 at 1600 or 1333.