GTA V Low framerate GTX 960 @768p

Wiplive
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Nothing changed. I noticed that there's a Machine Debug Manager which launches with GTA V and uses about 30% of CPU. What is that?

You got a virus m8, scan with Malwarebytes

Hello, so I recently built my computer. It has i5 4690K processor, MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G and it has very weird problems with GTA V. On all normal settings it usually runs fine (about 70 fps) but after every 10 minutes or so it goes down to 30 with great stuttering. I noticed that there's 0 fps difference between all Normal and all High settings. I'm running on 1360x768 monitor (for now) and it frequently crashes. What could be the problem? I know that on high textures it could be because I don't have enough Vram but on normal? It says it uses 1200 mb from 2000. How can I fix this?

The lower your resolution, the more CPU bound the game becomes. And the game is already CPU heavy.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It might be your computer overheating I had recent problem like this in battle field 4 , but now I got liquid cooling systems and nothing crashes up to date .

Weird, I'm running the game on high settings (textures too) with an R9 270 and I'm not having any issues.

Could I see your settings?

I can max my game (with few settings down) just fine with msi 960 g2 2gb vram. On 1080p, and if i lower all the settings (also turn off the shadows in the settings file outside the game) i can run it at 4k with DSR. So i'm not sure if you should be having problems. Not to mention i have an i3 2100 and everything works fine (except occasional microstutters because of my 4 gigabytes of ram)

Hello, so I recently built my computer. It has i5 4690K processor, MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G and it has very weird problems with GTA V. On all normal settings it usually runs fine (about 70 fps) but after every 10 minutes or so it goes down to 30 with great stuttering. I noticed that there's 0 fps difference between all Normal and all High settings. I'm running on 1360x768 monitor (for now) and it frequently crashes. What could be the problem? I know that on high textures it could be because I don't have enough Vram but on normal? It says it uses 1200 mb from 2000. How can I fix this?

Use DSR to make the resolution bigger

Like how @Godlygamer23 said. the cpuness and stuff

also is the performance fix patch out yet??

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I can max my game (with few settings down) just fine with msi 960 g2 2gb vram. On 1080p, and if i lower all the settings (also turn off the shadows in the settings file outside the game) i can run it at 4k with DSR. So i'm not sure if you should be having problems. Not to mention i have an i3 2100 and everything works fine (except occasional microstutters because of my 4 gigabytes of ram)

Impressive :D

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

The lower your resolution, the more CPU bound the game becomes. And the game is already CPU heavy.

Seriously? I'm running at 1360x768. I have GTX 960. You're trying to say my new i5 4690K is bottleneck? It's not even using 80% with GTA V and a bunch of background stuff.

It might be your computer overheating I had recent problem like this in battle field 4 , but now I got liquid cooling systems and nothing crashes up to date .

I have brand new computer, less than month old. CPU temps don't exceed 55 degrees, GPU temps - 65 with 20% fan speed.

Use DSR to make the resolution bigger

Like how @Godlygamer23 said. the cpuness and stuff

also is the performance fix patch out yet??

You use DSR? It works awful. All it does is like tries to zoom in so I can only see 1360x768 part of a 1080p monitor if I run at 1080p.

Seriously? I'm running at 1360x768. I have GTX 960. You're trying to say my new i5 4690K is bottleneck? It's not even using 80% with GTA V and a bunch of background stuff.

Games are more CPU bound at lower resolutions. "Bottleneck" is a word that's thrown around a lot. Everything in your system is a bottleneck - otherwise we would have infinite frame rates and instant loading times with absolutely no delays.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

just checked (so i'm sure i'm not talking inaccurate stuff), i have everything except msaa, vsync, and advanced settings, maxed out, and i have around 45 fps average (1080p).

I have no idea whats the reason for your problem is Wiplive... thats weird :/

You use DSR? It works awful. All it does is like tries to zoom in so I can only see 1360x768 part of a 1080p monitor if I run at 1080p.

Not for GTA V

but for theif (2013/2014 can't remember what year xD) i play at 3360x2100 at an average of 56fps xD

But that's not how DSR works. DSR is essentially SSAA. It renders a higher resolution and downsamples it to your native display resolution. And I've used it before - 2560x1600 on my 1080p display.

But that's not how DSR works. DSR is essentially SSAA. It renders a higher resolution and downsamples it to your native display resolution. And I've used it before - 2560x1600 on my 1080p display.

Yeah, I just tried it on CS GO. It looks all jagged and I can't see all the borders, it like zooms in a bit.

So does anyone actually have tips I can do?

Set everything to high, except reflection quality and Post FX, set those to very high. Change shadows from PCSS to softer and Anisotropic Filtering to 16x.

I get an average of 42 fps with those. I ran the benchmark but when playing sometimes it dips for a few minutes under 20.

I get an average of 42 fps with those. I ran the benchmark but when playing sometimes it dips for a few minutes under 20.

Damn. What happens if you remove "Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA V" ? (I've had FPS issues, this worked for me)

Keep the "Profiles" folder if you care about your save game.

Damn. What happens if you remove "Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA V" ? (I've had FPS issues, this worked for me)

Keep the "Profiles" folder if you care about your save game.

Nothing changed. I noticed that there's a Machine Debug Manager which launches with GTA V and uses about 30% of CPU. What is that?

Rest assured it isn't your cpu. I have it and have never had any problems with gta v

Ok, I got rid of the virus, it was some Bitcoin miner. It seems to run fine now. Thanks!

Ok, I got rid of the virus, it was some Bitcoin miner. It seems to run fine now. Thanks!

:)

:)

By the way, after I deleted the Virus and after 1 restart there was svchost trying to access some website blocked by MalwareBytes, after one more restart nothing is trying to access anything. Should I be worried? 

By the way, after I deleted the Virus and after 1 restart there was svchost trying to access some website blocked by MalwareBytes, after one more restart nothing is trying to access anything. Should I be worried? 

Don't worry about it, if the miner comes back, just scan again.

Are you running a pirated version of GTA 5?