Is it safe to place a small magnetic tray on my PC?

Xtreme Gamer

Is it safe to place a small magnetic tray on my PC side panel?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

it might explode due to a rupture in the space continuum dimension which will lead to the demise of us

come on... serious answer. I am genuinely curious and have done a search but found nothing helpful.

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

It could tear open a rift in reality, opening a wormhole in space and time, bringing through the squid overlord Cthulhu, spreading a dark regime across the planet that will last for a thousand days and nights, before being defeated by the mighty hero of song.

Oh, it won't do that?

Well then, just make sure it's not near your hard drives or gpu for safety's sake and go nuts.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Why would you want to? Are you planning to leave spare screws just attached to the panel? I don't find it that practical but I don't see a problem with it.

So no damage to anything inside of the case would happen with the magnet tray outside the case? Also, it's for when I find small metal pieces and forget to ask about them. And so I dont easily lose the tray for when I actually need it.

So no damage to anything inside of the case would happen with the magnet tray outside the case? Also, it's for when I find small metal pieces and forget to ask about them. And so I dont easily lose the tray for when I actually need it.

As I said earlier, make sure it's not near your hard drives, or your gpu as those tend to be the closest items to the side panel, and you should be fine. The magnets on those tend to not be powerful enough to cause any real harm.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

As I said earlier, make sure it's not near your hard drives, or your gpu as those tend to be the closest items to the side panel, and you should be fine. The magnets on those tend to not be powerful enough to cause any real harm.

What if its near the 5.25 bays with and optical drive, card reader, and usb3 ports in them?

As long as it ain't super near your hard drives and storage, I wouldn't worry about it.

No need to worry.

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases

As long as you're not sticking a neodymium magnet on it, you should be fine.

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

It's not a problem as long as it's not near SSD orr HHD as others have said, I have some neodymium magnets less than an inch away from the motherboard PCB on the Rear IO metal covers.