The PS4 is way too weak for the platform

SauronsV

50 euros a year, so if you have a ps4 near launch and a 6 year cycle I think is 400+300=700 euros. And ridiculously expensive games at like 70 euros. If you buy a lot of games for PS4 it is going to cost you an insane amount of money. In terms of price a PS4 should never be compared with a 400 euro PC, it should be compared with a 800+ euro PC. I find it annoying how weak the PS4 is for the platform.  Sorry for the rant, I just hate it when I see people comparing a PS4 to a 400 euro PC.

50 euros a year, so if you have a ps4 near launch and a 6 year cycle I think is 400+300=700 euros. And ridiculously expensive games at like 70 euros. If you buy a lot of games for PS4 it is going to cost you an insane amount of money. In terms of price a PS4 should never be compared with a 400 euro PC, it should be compared with a 800+ euro PC. I find it annoying how weak the PS4 is for the platform.  Sorry for the rant, I just hate it when I see people comparing a PS4 to a 400 euro PC.

Well, a 400(currency) computer still kicks the crap out of a 400(currency) console, so even though its a unfair comparison it still comes out ahead lol. 

Yeah, I like consoles, it makes so much sense, but it is just way too expensive.

Well, a 400(currency) computer still kicks the crap out of a 400(currency) console, so even though its a unfair comparison it still comes out ahead lol.

"Kicks the crap"

A 750ti +i5 system will beat a ps4 at the same settings in most games, but a 400 PC is gonna have some heavy compromises

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

"Kicks the crap"

A 750ti +i5 system will beat a ps4 at the same settings in most games, but a 400 PC is gonna have some heavy compromises

It will have its compromises, but at the same time PC's are much more capable machines. Sure $400 PC's won't have the same level of performance or quality, but they aren't limited in what they can do. Want to do a full upgrade instead of waiting 6 years? Go for it. Want to type and print a document? Go for it. Want to ditch Steam in favor for a better game store?* Go for it. The list goes on, but at this point I just don't see the value in dedicated gaming machines since they are really only good at one thing, gaming. 

*Not saying Steam is bad but I'm just using it as an example.