Visiting LTT Crew!

Hey All,

I am posting it here and I'm gonna attempt to email Linus as well. I am a HUGE (and when I say HUGE I mean HUGE) fan of Linus Tech Tips. I used to watch it casually two years ago and for the last year or so I've been watching it daily. I really wanted to say THANK YOU Linus and the crew for posting amazing videos; you guys had literally helped me make my first gaming PC, which is similar to one of your build guides, with a few tweeks. Now I am in the works of making a very quiet HTPC and so I'll be using your silent build guide for advice. 

So now that I've said my thank yous and all, let me get to the reason for the heading. So I am from a city called Brampton, ON and I travelled all the way to Calgary for an internship. I plan on going to Vancouver near the end of august, and I was really hoping to visit Linus and his Tech Tips crew. I watched almost all their videos, stuff from techquickie, linus tech tips, channel super fun (which is my favourite channel :D) and not forgetting NCIX. I really wanted to just meet Linus and his team in person, have a chat with the guys and take pic with all the members as they are almost like my closest friends. (I know some of you guys might say I'm desperate or sound crazy, but I'm truly a big fan, although sadly I don't own any of the gear that linus posts on his website as I'm stuck with paying university tuition >_>).

Anyways, I will be sending an email to Linus, and hopefully he won't ignore/be mad for using the business one, unless I can find a more personal contact email. I will be in Vancouver for 3-4 days just to do some sightseeing, so hopefully I get a chance to meet them before I go back to Brampton and continue my bachelors degree.

Thank You so much, to the LTT community, Linus, Luke, Berkel, Nick, Taran, Brandon, Edzel, that guy who tried to audition for LTT and couldn't get in :'(, and anyone else (really sorry if I'm missing people that don't appear on camera but help make LTT a success) for all the advice you have been giving viewers/readers/posters/whatever we are. Without you guys, I wouldn't be able to build my first gaming pc, nor continue learning more about PC parts and cool builds.

I wish you all the success in the future and I hope my wish comes true and I can meet with the team and take a quick picture with them.

Now to conclude, I am going to borrow lines from Linus:
"Like this post if you liked it, dislike it if you thought it sucked, leave a comment if your feelings are more complicated than this..."

Keren

So I am from a city called Brampton, ON and I travelled all the way to Calgary for an internship.

Come chill with me and @thekeemo and @Sam Z Man and complain about life and the recent excessive rain and whatnot

"Rawr XD"

Come chill with me and @thekeemo and @Sam Z Man and complain about life and the recent excessive rain and whatnot

You forgot Comessy ;-;

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

You forgot Comessy ;-;

your in airdrie you dont count :P

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

• 1 year later...

so what happened ?

cTurtle98 - Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k

COOLER: Thermaltake - Water 3.0 Extreme S
MOBO: Asrock z270 killer sli/ac

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200

SSD 1: Intel - 600p Series 1TB M.2-2280 (Windows)

SSD 2: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME (POP_OS)

GPU: MSI - GTX 1070

PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular

CASE: Thermaltake - Versa H26

cTurtle98 - Portable PC

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600

COOLER: NH-L9a-AM4

MOBO: ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair - Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

SSD 1: Intel - 600p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 (Windows)

SSD 2: 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" (Manjaro)

SSD 3: PNY - CS1311 120 GB 2.5" (POP_OS)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB MINI ITX OC

PSU: HDPLEX 400 AC-DC DC-ATX Combo

CASE: NFC Skyreach 4 mini

On 2015-07-17 at 1:16 AM, keren said:

Hey All,

I am posting it here and I'm gonna attempt to email Linus as well. I am a HUGE (and when I say HUGE I mean HUGE) fan of Linus Tech Tips. I used to watch it casually two years ago and for the last year or so I've been watching it daily. I really wanted to say THANK YOU Linus and the crew for posting amazing videos; you guys had literally helped me make my first gaming PC, which is similar to one of your build guides, with a few tweeks. Now I am in the works of making a very quiet HTPC and so I'll be using your silent build guide for advice. 

So now that I've said my thank yous and all, let me get to the reason for the heading. So I am from a city called Brampton, ON and I travelled all the way to Calgary for an internship. I plan on going to Vancouver near the end of august, and I was really hoping to visit Linus and his Tech Tips crew. I watched almost all their videos, stuff from techquickie, linus tech tips, channel super fun (which is my favourite channel :D) and not forgetting NCIX. I really wanted to just meet Linus and his team in person, have a chat with the guys and take pic with all the members as they are almost like my closest friends. (I know some of you guys might say I'm desperate or sound crazy, but I'm truly a big fan, although sadly I don't own any of the gear that linus posts on his website as I'm stuck with paying university tuition >_>).

Anyways, I will be sending an email to Linus, and hopefully he won't ignore/be mad for using the business one, unless I can find a more personal contact email. I will be in Vancouver for 3-4 days just to do some sightseeing, so hopefully I get a chance to meet them before I go back to Brampton and continue my bachelors degree.

Thank You so much, to the LTT community, Linus, Luke, Berkel, Nick, Taran, Brandon, Edzel, that guy who tried to audition for LTT and couldn't get in :'(, and anyone else (really sorry if I'm missing people that don't appear on camera but help make LTT a success) for all the advice you have been giving viewers/readers/posters/whatever we are. Without you guys, I wouldn't be able to build my first gaming pc, nor continue learning more about PC parts and cool builds.

I wish you all the success in the future and I hope my wish comes true and I can meet with the team and take a quick picture with them.

Now to conclude, I am going to borrow lines from Linus:
"Like this post if you liked it, dislike it if you thought it sucked, leave a comment if your feelings are more complicated than this..."

Keren

I'm curious as to what his response is, but if I'm going to be perfectly honest, DO NOT GO TO THE OFFICE UNINVITED. They've had to turn people away before - they don't like doing it. They feel bad doing it. But they must do it.

Think about it this way, you're at work, trying to get some stuff done, and random people keep showing up uninvited, interrupting your work flow, making things delayed, take longer, interfering with appointments, etc.

Even a 5 minute interruption can set them back a half hour or more.

Respect their privacy. They're regular people just like you and me.

LMG will be having another Fan "meet and greet" eventually - that will be your opportunity to go and visit the office and meet staff, talk to them, etc.

I know it feels like they're almost your closest friends.. but... as harsh as it sounds, they aren't. They don't know you. You're just some stranger, some random person they've never met. Please try to respect that and think about it logically.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

like said before me, dont do it, they arent a circus attraction or zoo, they are a company.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

7 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

hahah i hate formality but yeah.. rules are rules.

Guess he didnt know that..or he may now.
He has to make an appointment first.

It isn't even so much that he has to make an appointment first, it's that he shouldn't even try to get one. I personally think it's disrespectful to them. Even them having to respond to his query is taking up time they could otherwise spend being productive. As @Bsmith said, they're a business, not a zoo.

People treat them like Celebrities - which they are, in a sense, because they're semi-famous internationally. But would you just drop by and visit Eddie Redmayne's office unexpectedly? No - your ass would be tossed out by security lol. Fortunately (Or unfortunately, depending on your view), LMG doesn't have security.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

So basically.. he cant visit them?

Well, he can do whatever he wants, because of free will. But that doesn't mean he should.

LMG doesn't want people visiting them outside of Fan meet-and-greet's.

Best chance to meet them is if they ever do a open office meetup again, but dont go there uninvited

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Well, he can do whatever he wants, because of free will. But that doesn't mean he should.

LMG doesn't want people visiting them outside of Fan meet-and-greet's.

Isn't this thread a year old... lol

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Isn't this thread a year old... lol

*shrugs* no idea. I just replied to a thread that had new comments on it. The previous comment to my original one was only about 7 hours old. I presume that they necro'd the thread, and the rest of us simply didn't notice until you :P