Telling people to update

Minzo

Sometimes I get the question on why you should update your OS.

I don't have a good answer to this. I usually tell people that it's important for safety reasons.

What do you tell them? What should I tell them?

Yup, safety reasons is one thing (and a very important thing at that). You also don't want to be stuck with obsolete software that is missing functions, or buggy ones that crashes all the time.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yup, safety reasons is one thing (and a very important thing at that). You also don't want to be stuck with obsolete software that is missing functions, or buggy ones that crashes all the time.

tell them to get their sh*t together

How do I respond to "But my PC gets slower!"?

You also don't want to be stuck with obsolete software that is missing functions, or buggy ones that crashes all the time.

Updates or not, that is my definition of Microsoft Windows.

Sometimes I get the question on why you should update your OS.

I don't have a good answer to this. I usually tell people that it's important for safety reasons.

What do you tell them? What should I tell them?

Security and performance improvements, new features, better hardware compatibility (drivers).

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

If anything, it would get faster because optimisation/compatibility etc. If it really does get slower, tell them to upgrade that prehistorical mammoth to more capable hardware.

"Your right, it does get slower, but don't worry its worth it since you are fixing bugs according to know-it-alls and Microsoft. Also don't mind the fact that Microsoft rolls out patches every Tuesday, so even though you are wasting your time with updates, those updates never truly fix the OS, so you are always vulnerable! Hopefully you sleep well at night knowing that no matter how many updates you install, there are still more bugs to be found." - I know, I'm terrible, but its true.

Inform them they are fools and their computer slowing down has nothing to do with updates and rather the miscare of their system.

Or just tell them to do whatever they want and not come crying to you when it breaks/takes 15 minutes to get into windows.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

If anything, it would get faster because optimisation/compatibility etc. If it really does get slower, tell them to upgrade that prehistorical mammoth to more capable hardware.

They always bog my boot drive down and take up space. Rarely do I ever see any kind of improvement with Windows update, I'm one of the few people that recommends not installing updates, since with Windows its really pointless.

They always bog my boot drive down and take up space. Rarely do I ever see any kind of improvement with Windows update, I'm one of the few people that recommends not installing updates, since with Windows its really pointless.

With Windows, I'm just doing what it tells me to do :P

I don't really care about the updates there, nor what they do for my PC.

I was more talking about general software receiving updates and the such.

With Windows, I'm just doing what it tells me to do :P

I don't really care about the updates there, nor what they do for my PC.

I was more talking about general software receiving updates and the such.

Yeah if its something like Android or iOS where they are actually bringing new features and clearly fixing things then I'm all for updates, but in the case of Windows its just a waste of time lol.

I don't understand why anyone would think that. I mean, do cars get slower when you do yearly maintenance to them?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv