Looking for headset-200$ budget

BlueZephyr

I am looking for a new headset that is around 200$ I can go slightly over if needed

I was thinking about the Siveria Elite: http://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-elite-prism

Things im looking for

-Good mic

-Good surround to hear footsteps.

-Good for music

thank you for helping!

I would actually get the Audio Technica ATH-M50's or M50x headphones.  They are glowingly reviewed in many places, and I own a pair myself and can vouch for their excellent sound quality.  Then, I would buy an Antlion modmic 4.0 and put it on the M50 headphones.  You should get good performance on from that mic.  However, the Hyperx Cloud II headset gets EXCELLENTLY reviewed, as far as I can tell.  I have a friend with it, and he loves it.

Links here:

M-50x (140 USD): http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437014069&sr=8-1&keywords=ath+m50x&pebp=1437014073398&perid=1MEXR66QS3XC3K6YTQR1

Modmic (50 USD): http://www.amazon.com/AntLion-Audio-ModMic-Attachable-Microphone/dp/B00T6XUL8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437014104&sr=8-1&keywords=antlion+modmic&pebp=1437014112107&perid=0SSSYPS1SPH90Q3KC5WE

Hyperx cloud II(100 USD): http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437014139&sr=8-1&keywords=Hyperx+cloud+2&pebp=1437014150810&perid=13RFXHT783V5X1ZT2R0J

Go for some ath-ad700x's for about 120, they have great positional audio and then grab a mod mic 4.0 for about 50 bucks, its a great mic, i personally have this combo and its great.

I am looking for a new headset that is around 200$ I can go slightly over if needed

I was thinking about the Siveria Elite: http://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/siberia-elite-prism

Things im looking for

-Good mic

-Good for music

thank you for helping!

-snip-

The M50/M50x aren't really good when it comes to sound whoring. 

If you must have a headset, the HyperX Clouds (not the II) get my vote. But if you want something that can and could beat it in terms of soundwhoring and be overall better with music, like what Zach said:

Go for some ath-ad700x's for about 120, they have great positional audio and then grab a mod mic 4.0 for about 50 bucks, its a great mic, i personally have this combo and its great.

I agree with this.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

I would actually get the Audio Technica ATH-M50's or M50x headphones.

If only there weren't an identical headphone that cost 30% less.

I would prefer if it came with a mic

It is so easy to use you just stick on a 4m adhesive pad with a magnet to your headphones and you are done

Philips SHP-9500 with v-moda boom mic will look like a headset, that's what I'm going to recommend

You can go for a pair of beyerdynamic dt990+ mod mic that will be a killer setup.

For something cheaper the ad700x+ mod mic gets my vote as well.

For headset only the hyper x cloud version 1 the 2 is just overpriced

If you don't want to bother with a mod mic I would get the clouds or cloud 2s.

Things im looking for

-Good mic

-Good for music

thank you for helping!

Do not want a mod mic*

Depends on what music you like and how that fits into your list of priorities.

I use my G4me Zero's for FPS titles, but they are terrible for listening to any music that has bass (there is virtually none). I've nicknamed them the foot-step hunters. The mic on the Senn's is amazing, great directional noise isolation. Easily the best built-in mic I've ever used on a pair of headphones.

If I'm playing anything non-FPS/competitive I use my pair of AKG 553's with a mod mic, they're more comfortable and have a warmer sound. Still no good for listening to any rap, but the response for bass is still good enough for things like house & classic rock.

G4me Zero's go on sale for under $200 fairly often on both Amazon and Mass Drop, MD just finished their big sale for them. The white versions are almost always under $200. I've owned two pairs of these, my cat chewed through the cable on the first pair  :angry: Considering how much I paid for them it should say something that I went out of my way to buy another pair, and now keep them under lock and key  :ph34r: 

Picked up the AKG 553's on Mass Drop for $160, and modmic for ~$50 shipped.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |