AMD CCC not installing, event viewer error, help!

After upgrading to version 15.7 of AMD's driver, my CCC is not installing. I get the message "Install package failure". Tried removing all ATI files in safe mode, using CCleaner and Driver Sweeper after uninstalling drivers and software and so forth. Just found an error regarding the CCC installation in the event viewer, however I do not know what this means. I've included the event viewer log below, and also a copy/paste of the text inside of it. Someone help please!

"Product: AMD Catalyst Control Center -- Error 1406.Could not write value StartCCC to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.  System error .  Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Edit: did not have permission to upload file, the text is still there though.

How are you installing it?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

How are you installing it?

Currently I am installing it through the Catalyst Install Manager, firewall and AV off, running as administrator.

reboot then re-install driver

Done that 10 times already

Drivers are working just fine, this is the Catalyst Control Center messing around.

DDU gets rid of CCC I believe. It can't hurt to try

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

DDU gets rid of CCC I believe. It can't hurt to try

I will give that a shot, got any ideas about that error 1406? Some googling had me knowing that I am lacking permission to edit the keys and have the CCC add it's string values. But how would I change that? Already removed UAC and given myself full permission :/

Edit: Which option would I choose in DDU? Just making sure.

Currently I am installing it through the Catalyst Install Manager, firewall and AV off, running as administrator.

Try downloading and installing from here?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I will give that a shot, got any ideas about that error 1406? Some googling had me knowing that I am lacking permission to edit the keys and have the CCC add it's string values. But how would I change that? Already removed UAC and given myself full permission :/

Edit: Which option would I choose in DDU? Just making sure.

Uninstall and restart or something like that. If that doesn't work you can try manually deleting the registry entries for CCC

Uninstall and restart or something like that. If that doesn't work you can try manually deleting the registry entries for CCC

Same error after running DDU.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Try to set 'full control' rights to your user in registry branch: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. It will make your system unsafely, but it allow you to install driver.

P.S. Also check rights in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run separately.