r9 400 series vs Paschal series -- Benefits of upgrades?

So, many gamers are talking about the die-shrinks and the new tech and everything. But when is that all going to happen? Well, according to WCCFTech, Fudzilla, ExtremeTech, and many others, that is all scheduled for next year.

I first saw AMD was scheduled for Arctic Islands or r9 400 series in 2016. Will include HBM2 and will be built on a 14/16 nm die. Then I saw NVDAs article with the same tune. The thing is, AMD is going to have priority to the HBM2 access, and NVDA second. Still, both are going to get it. But, here is the question: Which do you think will win in performance? I prefer to think that it will be AMD because they are the ones who have the first and only HBM GPU on the market now. They were also the ones who co-developed HBM, so I expect they will know more about it in general.

But that is just speculation...

What say you, gamers, enthusiasts and 'PC master race' peoples?

EDIT: see second post of mine before posting.

Can't we all just wait and see what it actually does? All this is miles away and nothing is known yet...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

We

Don't
Know

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

So, many gamers are talking about the die-shrinks and the new tech and everything. But when is that all going to happen? Well, according to WCCFTech, Fudzilla, ExtremeTech, and many others, that is all scheduled for next year.

I first saw AMD was scheduled for Arctic Islands or r9 400 series in 2016. Will include HBM2 and will be built on a 14/16 nm die. Then I saw NVDAs article with the same tune. The thing is, AMD is going to have priority to the HBM2 access, and NVDA second. Still, both are going to get it. But, here is the question: Which do you think will win in performance? I prefer to think that it will be AMD because they are the ones who have the first and only HBM GPU on the market now. They were also the ones who co-developed HBM, so I expect they will know more about it in general.

But that is just speculation...

What say you, gamers, enthusiasts and 'PC master race' peoples?

Please hold all speculation until the things speculated about actually exist.

Please hold all speculation until the things speculated about actually exist.

10 THINGS YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT R9 400 SERIES

"PASCAL WILL BE 100X QUICKER THAN 4 SLI TITAN X" nVIDIA CEO SAYS

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHO WON NEXT YEARS GPU CONTEST

LINUS FAINTED OF THE BENCHMARK SCORES

brought to you by Buzzfeed and WCCFtech

10 THINGS YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT R9 400 SERIES

"PASCAL WILL BE 100X QUICKER THAN 4 SLI TITAN X" nVIDIA CEO SAYS

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHO WON NEXT YEARS GPU CONTEST

LINUS FAINTED OF THE BENCHMARK SCORES

brought to you by Buzzfeed and WCCFtech

I heard that Pascal can turn water into wine, any reports of this being true?

Sorry. I just enjoy seeing what other people think about these sorts of things. I love talks about die-shrinks, and the possibilities it brings. For me, this sort of actually thought provoking discussion (*gasp* Heaven forbid ;) ) is really enjoyable, and might be nice every once in a while...

And if it really is a pointless thread, I ask that it be killed... But I think it would be nice to give it a shot...

Mostly likely Pascal, but I wish R9 400 series comes on top with good margin

Finally got PS4 Pro

@mayu: Thank you for sensible post.

why say you that? I agree that NVDA has done an excellent job with 28 nm optimization, but what about 14/16nm? It is new ground and the benefits of power efficiency won't be as black and white as they are now.

Sorry for double post, but I'm also interested in this idea because it is also part of what determines whether AMD sinks or floats, if you catch my drift. It's pretty serious stuff if you stop and think about it.

So, what do you think will happen? I am going to guess that they will continue the same layout here, with Fury having HBM2 and the r9 400 having HBM , and the r7 400 having GDDR5.

That honestly makes the most sense, right?

I mean, if Paschal has already been designed, shouldn't AMD be about on the same track.

why say you that? I agree that NVDA has done an excellent job with 28 nm optimization, but what about 14/16nm? It is new ground and the benefits of power efficiency won't be as black and white as they are now.

I guess because of "great sales" NVidia has better resources to use, in lot of games NVidia drivers seems to have better performance......... and well last few year's track record

AMD likes the strategy more VRAM, more power but at less cost. They did good enough with HBM (excluding less production), but still what about rest of the cards. Majority of the sales are in GTX 960/GTX 970 price category, where AMD's options don't seem that attractive to me. I waited almost 7 months before getting GTX 970, and 390 kind of disappointed me (except 8 GB VRAM)

Finally got PS4 Pro

Fury having HBM2 and the r9 400 having HBM , and the r7 400 having GDDR5.

This seems good guess.

Finally got PS4 Pro

Good point. NVDA does handle drivers really nicely, and AMD a bit sloppily. I did wait a pretty long time for the next catalyst driver... (though I must say that beta drivers were frequent and pretty stable.)

Though, when it comes to R&D, is there really all that much to do? HBM is the big ticket here, and is very well known already. There can't be too much innovation there... The 14/16 is a good spot, but I think that some of that is also going to go to Tesla and such... But that's another story...

I heard that Pascal can turn water into wine, any reports of this being true?

well, we are working on it, the problem is that now it that the Titan Xtrrrreme (titan successor) turns flour into cocaine, and 420Ti BT (blaze it) (980Ti successor, we needed to rename it to get a bigger follower from the MLG Meme crowd) turns grass to marijuana.... 

So, what do you think will happen? I am going to guess that they will continue the same layout here, with Fury having HBM2 and the r9 400 having HBM , and the r7 400 having GDDR5.

That honestly makes the most sense, right?

I mean, if Paschal has already been designed, shouldn't AMD be about on the same track.

Well.... it really depends on the competition and consumers feedback.

I think they may drop the refresh model due to unpleasant feedback but the sales on 390 speaks other wise.

And also if nvidia is going for HBM2 for all newer release card regardless of model or customer target, AMD would just drop DDR5 and go full force with HBM2.

AMD likes embracing new tech even if they hit bumps along the way while Nividia likes to play save and let AMD be the guinea pig.