EpicGames, forums hacked

starwalker

"Dear Epic Games Forum Member,

We have just discovered that the Epic Games forums located at https://forums.epicgames.com  were compromised by a hacker. We are sorry to report that the incident may have resulted in unauthorized access to your username, email address, password, and the date of birth you provided at registration.

We have taken https://forums.epicgames.com  offline. When the site reopens, your password will be reset.  If you use the same password on this site which you use on other sites, we recommend immediately changing your password on those sites as well.

The affected forum site covers UDK, Infinity Blade, Gears of War, Bulletstorm, and prior Unreal Tournament games.  However, the separate forum sites covering Unreal Engine 4, Fortnite, and the new Unreal Tournament were unaffected.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes everyone. To further understand what’s happened and prevent it in the future, we’re working with a computer security firm to identify the nature of the compromise. We will report further information on the forums when they reopen.

While the investigation into the security compromise is ongoing, we are reaching out to you directly to let you know of the potential unauthorized access to information you provided at registration. It is possible that any information stored or sent by you using the forums may have been accessed. Since this is a public forum, we do not collect or maintain  financial information, but we advise you to be alert for suspicious email such as phishing attempts.

Thank you for being a part of our community, and for your attention to this issue.

Best Regards,

The Epic Games Team

"

I got the email not long ago.

This is a reminder to not use the same password for all sites.  In fact, never use the same password twice if possible. :)

snip

Ha. That is why I use fake everything hahaha

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

It is always good to see users being informed of data security breaches however this bulletin was written very poorly.

I got the email not long ago.

This is a reminder to not use the same password for all sites.  In fact, never use the same password twice if possible. :)

How do you plan on remembering all of them

That's unfortunate ... Note to self : Never use the same password more than once ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Like Brady Haran said : Keep it on a notebook and leave it some where safe ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Like Brady Haran said : Keep it on a notebook and leave it some where safe ... 

Who the fuck is Brady Haran and why would you do that? You''re giving yourself way too much trouble for nothing

There are ways. ;)

Didn't get any email.

Edit : just read that Unreal Engine 4 forums weren't hit. Lucky me I guess.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Who the fuck is Brady Haran and why would you do that? You''re giving yourself way too much trouble for nothing

Would it kill you to Google him ? 

Well you could set up intricate questions only you can answer to get your password incase you forgot it ... 

Because it's really bad for you to use one password for everything ... If one gets revealed , you lose everything if they are smart enough ... 

Brady Haran is probably a greater legend than Linus! How do you not know who he is?

keepass.exe

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Neither do I, is he another tech nut on YT?

If computerphile is considered "tech" then technically yes. Basically he is the guy that came up with the idea of interviewing profs at the University of Nottingham and posting the videos to his vast assortment of youtube channels. I actually find his content more educational then Linus's since it covers significantly more knowledge from a vast amount of topics. Basically a lot of stuff nerds like such as maths, physics, space, chemistry, computers, etc.