Lifespan of CPU with water cooling or air ?

Would getting a water cooler increase the lifespan of this CPU (i5 4690k) or would the air cooler be better? If the lifespan is affected, how much more/less? I am planning to overclock the CPU to a solid 4ghz (maybe more).

If you are looking for a long lifespan, air would be better because it has less parts to fail and even if the fan fails, it still may have enough power to cool at idle. 

It depends on what your getting too, a stock cooler would probably hurt longevity more than a NH-D15.  A good medium is the Cryorig H5 for $47 and can keep my 4790K at 60C under normal load.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Would getting a water cooler increase the lifespan of this CPU (i5 4690k) or would the air cooler be better? If the lifespan is affected, how much more/less? I am planning to overclock the CPU to a solid 4ghz (maybe more).

As long as the cooler is keeping your CPU under its recommended temps then it wont matter if its air or water.

Typically water cooling will keep it cooler but an air cooler will be completely fine if you have room for it and arent going crazy with overclocking.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

The difference is moot unless you're meaning to keep your CPUs for years and YEARRRRRSSSSSSSSS or you're pumping high voltage, in which case it's not going to last too long either way because of the voltage, rendering that moot. And if you want to keep the CPU until the end of time to the point where this matters, you shouldn't have bought this CPU solution to begin with, rather say, two cheaper CPUs with budget coolers over 10 years instead of one CPU and liquid cooler to go on for 10 years. Stop worrying.

The 4690k boosts above 4ghz doesn't it? That's not really an overclock.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The difference is moot unless you're meaning to keep your CPUs for years and YEARRRRRSSSSSSSSS or you're pumping high voltage, in which case it's not going to last too long either way because of the voltage, rendering that moot. And if you want to keep the CPU until the end of time to the point where this matters, you shouldn't have bought this CPU solution to begin with, rather say, two cheaper CPUs with budget coolers over 10 years instead of one CPU and liquid cooler to go on for 10 years. Stop worrying.

The 4690k boosts above 4ghz doesn't it? That's not really an overclock.

Boosts to 3.9, a very small OC. It's actually only 3.9 on one core at a time, even lower when all 4 are in use.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.