New Pc Build

I am thinking of building a new pc, I have a budget of £1,500 and I was wondering what the best configuration of parts would be.

Do you have any more information? 

What you wish to use the build for, if you need to factor peripherals into the budget, if you have a monitor already, if so what resolution is it and what resolution will you want to play games at ectect 

Even if you have any preferences towards colour/a case you want to use, that could help too

Will be a lot easier to recommend parts then! 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Well either way here is a very generic Red/Black build for your budget that will run games upto 1440p on ultra at a constant 60fps (Some games AA will need to be turned down/off which is fine at 1440p) 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£177.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£101.35 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£99.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£131.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  (£589.00 @ Aria PC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£75.20 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £1442.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-14 02:06 BST+0100

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

@o0Martin

I would probably get an i7k + noctua cooler instead of an i5 and an AIO. Other than that I approve. 

@o0Martin

I would probably get an i7k + noctua cooler instead of an i5 and an AIO. Other than that I approve. 

But why? :o 

We don't know his intentions for the build yet, if it's just for gaming then he wont find any improvement in getting the i7-4790k as it will only add hyperthreading which isn't utilised in game.

But why? :o

We don't know his intentions for the build yet, if it's just for gaming then he wont find any improvement in getting the i7-4790k as it will only add hyperthreading which isn't utilised in game.

That is the reason. There is no point overclocking an i5 with an AIO. Might as well get the i7 with 4ghz base clock for the same amount of money and do a low overclock. 

That is the reason. There is no point overclocking an i5 with an AIO. Might as well get the i7 with 4ghz base clock for the same amount of money and do a low overclock. 

Other than low temps and a nicer/cleaner look with the AIO? 

If he didn't want an AIO he should still get the i5 but use the money saved to upgrade other areas of his build, or just keep the money saved lol, but there is still no need for the i7 if he's just gaming 

Other than low temps and a nicer/cleaner look with the AIO? 

If he didn't want an AIO he should still get the i5 but use the money saved to upgrade other areas of his build, or just keep the money saved lol, but there is still no need for the i7 if he's just gaming 

That is true. I just don't see the point of a 100 dollar cooler unless you have the top of the line CPU.

Do you have any more information?

What you wish to use the build for, if you need to factor peripherals into the budget, if you have a monitor already, if so what resolution is it and what resolution will you want to play games at ectect

Even if you have any preferences towards colour/a case you want to use, that could help too

Will be a lot easier to recommend parts then!

I would probably use it for AAA games yet I would still need to do work on it as well. For the monitor I would probably go for a 20" LCD display (I don't particularly need 4K) and preferably the case would be white.