Comcast’s forthcoming Gigabit Pro Pricing- 2Gbps

jos

cant see many people actually needing that speed. Actually i see no one residentially needing that speed. Most of yall want it just to have it. get some patience and wait 30 minutes for your hd pron or 10gb game to download. Pfft entitled bastards. I have 50mbs down and 10mbs up. and I play games, have you tube going, misc downloads going on in the backround and i have no problems what so ever. What is with u people needing all this speed seriously. 

Chicken and egg argument: sure you can say nobody needs it now because no one has it. But if people had access you'll see a lot more people getting more uses for it like streaming and cloud computing applications gaining fairly rapid popularity and such. Or in other words, if you go back to 1840 most people would say "Oh but nobody NEEDS to travel that fast!" sure, before there were cars and airplanes that was the case, yet the technology revolutionized the way we live and do business.

-------

Current Rig

-------

cant see many people actually needing that speed. Actually i see no one residentially needing that speed. Most of yall want it just to have it. get some patience and wait 30 minutes for your hd pron or 10gb game to download. Pfft entitled bastards. I have 50mbs down and 10mbs up. and I play games, have you tube going, misc downloads going on in the backround and i have no problems what so ever. What is with u people needing all this speed seriously. 

Right.....just like people not needing more than 1GB of RAM, or 2GB of vRAM at 1080p (nay sayers can get fucked BTW, 1.8GB usage at 1024x768-with a GTX 650ti OC keeping the FPS at 85, the LCD monitors refresh rate-vsync).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That is super expensive, but it beats what Verizon is charging a similar price for a service with less downlink and uplink.

899beb0757.png

Both plans are still ridiculously expensive, especially when compared to Google Fiber.

Teo in Lithuania 600/600 20 eur. Yep.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.