PcPartsPicker doesnt have prices?

404ERROR

why does the website not have price info for the MSI r9 280x twin frozr 

why does the website not have price info for the MSI r9 280x twin frozr 

Because it is no longer made and people don't carry it any more

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Whenever PCPartPicker doesn't have pricing it means that the product is out of stock. More than likely to be discontinued. It makes sense, the 300 series cards superseded the 200 series. There must not have been a lot of 280x in the supply chain.

BTW, for those that keep recommending 200 series cards as cheaper alternatives to the 300's, it's a temp situation. Grab them now while you can.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Sometimes it just doesn't have the pricing on PCPP, it doesn't necessarily mean places like Amazon don't allow you to order it any more. Google's shopping search comes in useful (and generally brings up better offers) though it's good to search amazon as well.

Whenever PCPartPicker doesn't have pricing it means that the product is out of stock. More than likely to be discontinued. It makes sense, the 300 series cards superseded the 200 series. There must not have been a lot of 280x in the supply chain.

BTW, for those that keep recommending 200 series cards as cheaper alternatives to the 300's, it's a temp situation. Grab them now while you can.

whats the difference between 2 and 300 series, i just checked amazon and it looks like the prices are roughly the same well... just £20 pounds more is it just the 1gb more vram

if i can find it should i just get the 280x