My CPU isn't folding

My CPU has stopped folding, it stopped at least a full day ago. On the status bar in the client the status of the CPU is stuck on download, at least in the work queue. On the folding slots the CPU says it's ready and the folding power is set to full. I can upload some logs if that might help?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Try deleting the slot, restart F@H and create the slot again.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Try deleting the slot, restart F@H and create the slot again.

Sorry, but how do I delete a slot? I'm using teamviewer to access my computer and I can't find the option

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

You need to be in advanced view.... click on Configure, then on Slots

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ok, so I did all this(By the way, sorry it took so long to get back... Busy day) and it started running again, however after about 30 seconds I get an erorr message telling me that FAHcore a_3 has stopped working and I'm back to where I was to start with

Wait, it was FAHcore_a3.exe      But you probably figured that

@Whaler_99 @Mentalguy

I am good at computer

Spoiler

could be your OC, try dialing it back a bit

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

could be your OC, try dialing it back a bit

I bring it back to 4.5 for folding and it folds fine at that speed, I haven't had any problems until now. I have a feeling that it's a bad work unit. Is there any way at all to just ditch the current WU

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I bring it back to 4.5 for folding and it folds fine at that speed, I haven't had any problems until now. I have a feeling that it's a bad work unit. Is there any way at all to just ditch the current WU

find this folder: work

C:\Users\*your system name*\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\

Should be in there...

Also, you can record the number of the work queue for the particular WU. Stop the client. Go to Start->FAHClient->Data Directory->work and delete the folder that has the same number as the work queue. Restart client. The client will clean itself up and get a new WU.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I installed and removed the folding at home stuff and reinstalled. The work unit is different now, but I get an error telling me to update core

post-17266-0-99365800-1375148419.png

post-17266-0-99365800-1375148419.png

I am good at computer

Spoiler

OK, turn off Folding. Go into the work directory and delete the 02 folder. Now, turn off the OC of you CPU completely. Your chip may be unstable. Now, start Folding backup and let's see what happens.

I won't be able to remove the overclock until I get back to my computer in several hours, but so far I've deleted the folder

I am good at computer

Spoiler

I won't be able to remove the overclock until I get back to my computer in several hours, but so far I've deleted the folder

Ok - in research that update_core typically happened when there was a bad OC on a GPU or a bad WU downloaded by the GPU - but not much in reference to  when it occurs for the CPU slot.