Strange problerm Help me please :-(

RMD80

Hi all i hope some body can help me!

I will list the fault and what i have tryed to fix it.

Fault 1.

When windows starts up i cant click on any think like the start button or open any programs for 10 to 20 minits

What i have don to try to fix it.

Virus scan.

Go in to msconfig to stop unwanted programs running on start up.

Remove any unwanted programs.

Updated to the latest Bios / Drivers

I have done a fresh install on a difrent SSD with just basic drivers that was on the disc that came with the motherbord

i will try running for a week or two  and all so see if it allso stops the keybord / game pad / mouse flashing fault?

Fault 2.

On ocation the keybord / game pad / and mouse start to flash.

Hear is a Link for youtube that i found that shows my fault!

What i have don to try to fix it.

Have tryed a difrent PSU for a week i thourt it had solved it be still dos it.

When it flashes have tryed the keybord / game pad / mouse in a difrent USB 2.0 port with no luck i pluged them it to a USB 3.0 and stopped the flashing

so why dos the keybord / game pad / mouse work propoly in USB 2.0 ? i was told that the USB 2.0 are controled by the CPU is this right could the CPU be faulty and what is the 

bets way to test it?

This is my 3rd motherbord :angry: so no very happy the first one had a USB controller fault and the second one did not detect all of my 16 GB of ram and number 3 ???

Thank you for any segestions you might have as i am stumped :)  

so hear is my rig spec 

OS                Win 7 Ultamate

CPU              Intel 3930K

GPU              Asus GTX670

PSU             Corsair AX850

Ram             16 GB Corsair vengance

SSD              Corsair Force GT 240GB

CPU Cooler  Corsair H80

Motherbord  Asus Rampage 4 Extreme 

Keybord Logitech G15

Game pad Razer nostromo 

Mouse Corsair M65

My rig is not overclock't

Update the firmware on the mouse itself.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have never seen this problem before, and I have used the Rampage IV Extreme in 4 build by now. 

As said above, try booting into safe mode. Also do you have the latest drivers installed and are there any ""unknown devices" in you Device manager?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

For Fault #1 - I think it may have been some maleware/spyware. Now that you reformatted, should be ok. If still slow, could be a controller issue on the board.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I'm kinda shooting in the dark here, but it's also possible your USB 2.0 ports are shorting out or damaged somehow. Take a real good look at the ports themselves, make sure there aren't any missing or bent contacts, and give it a quick shot with some compressed air to see if dust or anything might have gotten in there somehow. Check their attachment to the mobo as well, make sure it isn't loose or cracked. If all that appears fine, then at least you've narrowed it down to a driver or controller issue.

Blackout - Intel Core i5-4670K | Xigmatek Dark Knight II Nighthawk Ed. | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (2GB) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Mem. | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Mobo | 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660w PSU

I don't think so but it's worth a shot.

Did you try booting into safe-mode?

The flash is intermitant so for give me are you saying to see if the flash hapens when in safe mode? thanks for the help! :)

Update the firmware on the mouse itself.

Sory did not say mouse is new so only just instaled drivers and firmwear from the corsair sight :) thank !

Sory did not say mouse is new so only just instaled drivers and firmwear from the corsair sight

I have never seen this problem before, and I have used the Rampage IV Extreme in 4 build by now. 

As said above, try booting into safe mode. Also do you have the latest drivers installed and are there any ""unknown devices" in you Device manager?

I can't see any unknown devices in you Device manager for give me are you saying to see if the flash hapens when in safe mode? thanks for the help :)

For Fault #1 - I think it may have been some maleware/spyware. Now that you reformatted, should be ok. If still slow, could be a controller issue on the board.

I hope no the retailer in the UK where i got it from are not that helpfull :angry:

I'm kinda shooting in the dark here, but it's also possible your USB 2.0 ports are shorting out or damaged somehow. Take a real good look at the ports themselves, make sure there aren't any missing or bent contacts, and give it a quick shot with some compressed air to see if dust or anything might have gotten in there somehow. Check their attachment to the mobo as well, make sure it isn't loose or cracked. If all that appears fine, then at least you've narrowed it down to a driver or controller issue.

Cool thanks :)

A new bios came out and did not fix my fault :angry:

latest BIOS 4206