LAN not working after installing windows 10

Navin

LAN not working on Asus motherboard after installing windows 10

Did you try installing the LAN driver? What motherboard specifically.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Get your drivers.

• OS: Windows 10/10 Pro  • SSD: Samsung 256GB 850 Evo Series *  • HDD: Seagate 1TB  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X (SLI)
• CPU: i7-4790K OC 4.7GHz Quad-Core Processor • Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W
• RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory • Mobo: MSI Gaming 5

Yup my previous version was win7 .literally wiped all drivers and re installed

Yup my previous version was win7 .literally wiped all drivers and re installed

So did you try to install the drivers again? If you did you should try running the driver in compatibility mode by right clicking the .exe, clicking "properties" at the bottom, then clicking the compatibility tab to choose it in compatibility mode for windows 7. if that doesn't work you may need to go back to Windows 7, Windows 10 is still in beta and isn't guaranteed to work right now. It may not even work once fully released either as drivers may have to be updated for windows 10 first.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

All other drivers are working fine. So anyone with a Asus z87 board will face this problem. But I don't see that cos a friend of mine has the formula board and it works fine .

So did you try to install the drivers again? If you did you should try running the driver in compatibility mode by right clicking the .exe, clicking "properties" at the bottom, then clicking the compatibility tab to choose it in compatibility mode for windows 7. if that doesn't work you may need to go back to Windows 7, Windows 10 is still in beta and isn't guaranteed to work right now. It may not even work once fully released either as drivers may have to be updated for windows 10 first.

Yes i did reinstall all drivers .I haven't tried the compatiblity option yet I'll try it .thanks for the reply :)

a formula board has a completely different driver because the hardware is different. Windows 10 is gonna throw some wrenches in the works when it comes to drivers, as seen on previous builds with sound issues. My advice is to back it down to 7 or 8.1 and wait for ten to be released and asus to update its driver packs.

how about checking your device manager

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

a formula board has a completely different driver because the hardware is different. Windows 10 is gonna throw some wrenches in the works when it comes to drivers, as seen on previous builds with sound issues. My advice is to back it down to 7 or 8.1 and wait for ten to be released and asus to update its driver packs.

I want to test some programs on win 10. That's the reason I installed the preview. If I get back to win 7 and install win 10 after release using the reserve option I still have to wait for the drivers which I don't know how long it will take Asus to release .

how about checking your device manager

The device manager does detect the LAN chip but it says unidentified network in the network options

The device manager does detect the LAN chip but it says unidentified network in the network options

picture/screen shot

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

picture/screen shot

I am now away from my pc I'll get one as soon as I get to it .

Sccesfully got my lane working... All I did was completely remove the system power and re start, everytime I relog without completely removing power from motherboard the lan stops working. my dynamic and static ip gets kind of overwritten for some reason and make the Ethernet un detectable. so powering off completely wipes everything I guess.

Problems with 10? Re install.
/thread

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!