[HELP] Black Screen after removing CMOS battery

Tonny

So here is where the problem lies, I am using a Lenovo G580 laptop I attempted to reset bios by removing the battery out of the laptop and putting it back in to solve slow bios and not being able to install windows. After putting in the battery and connecting power I tried to boot the computer but the screen does not light up what so ever, the power LED and fans start spinning but screen stays black.  Note: The HDD in the laptop has been formatted.  Please Help >_<

Do it again ? but like this time like get the battery out too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Do it again ? but like this time like get the battery out too.

Yeah I repeated the process multiple times, remove power as in lead and battery then remove the cmos battery itself wait 10 min put cmos back in then power lead and laptop starts by itself but screen still black.

Yeah I repeated the process multiple times, remove power as in lead and battery then remove the cmos battery itself wait 10 min put cmos back in then power lead and laptop starts by itself but screen still black.

Maybe try replace the battery, it could be dead.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Maybe try replace the battery, it could be dead.

Tried that but did not change the situation. 

Tried that but did not change the situation. 

Are you sure you got the right battery?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Are you sure you got the right battery?

Yeah i used the same type cr 2032 from another computer.

Yeah i used the same type cr 2032 from another computer.

Hm. Maybe buy a brand new one, not sure if it will necessarily help. Ive not heard of this happening before just from clearing the CMOS.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

By any chance do you have an external monitor to test what happens at post? Preferably over VGA instead of HDMI. 

Some laptops are known to cause these sorts of issues. How many RAM sticks do you have installed? Try booting with only one stick of RAM. 

If that works, then add the second stick and try to startup again.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

By any chance do you have an external monitor to test what happens at post? Preferably over VGA instead of HDMI. 

Some laptops are known to cause these sorts of issues. How many RAM sticks do you have installed? Try booting with only one stick of RAM. 

If that works, then add the second stick and try to startup again.

There is one stick of RAM I removed it and put it back in but nothing changed.  I tried to boot with an external monitor over hdmi still black screen. 

Another thing is that the laptop turns off after about 3-4 min of working, I mean when I power the laptop up fans and LED light up and after about 3-4 min the unit turns off.

• 2 years later...

yeah i have this problem at the moment too. i have no idea what to do. same scenario, formatted drive with removed bios battery, , can anyone help?

21 minutes ago, pesty95 said:

yeah i have this problem at the moment too. i have no idea what to do. same scenario, formatted drive with removed bios battery, , can anyone help?

Have you put the CMOS battery back in?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

subbed

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

• 4 years later...
Hello everyone, did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem with the same model of the Lenovo G580 laptop.

Hello everyone, did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem with the same model of the Lenovo G580 laptop.