Experience with free webhosting

hak4fun

Have any of you guys had experience with free webhosting? If so what is the best in your opinion and why?

x10hosting hasn't failed me yet(although this morning I was DDOSed and they weren't able to stop the attack) 

I also love neocities for when I go custom, instead of using a CMS.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

What are you using it for, cuz if you want good hosting then I would recommend paying 

Have any of you guys had experience with free webhosting? If so what is the best in your opinion and why?

x10hosting hasn't failed me yet(although this morning I was DDOSed and they weren't able to stop the attack) 

I also love neocities for when I go custom, instead of using a CMS.

Do you know if you can use your own domain with x10hosting? (One that you bought separately)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Do you know if you can use your own domain with x10hosting? (One that you bought separately)

Yes, you can use a custom domain. I do.

What are you using it for, cuz if you want good hosting then I would recommend paying 

Well I started a tech news website, and at the time didn't have the funds for GOOD paid hosting. But now Its paying for its self so I am going to move to payed hopefully within the month. but its a pain to move a website. xD

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

Yes, you can use a custom domain. I do.

Well I started a tech news website, and at the time didn't have the funds for GOOD paid hosting. But now Its paying for its self so I am going to move to payed hopefully within the month. but its a pain to move a website. xD

whats the website

whats the website

hatnews.tk

Its alittle glitchy right now, because of the DDOS attack this morning. still trying to recover.

I used to use free hosting a while back, but when I started building applications that required frequent database requests, they didn't like it. I'd recommend 000webhost though, one of the best free hosts I know. Problem is that they starting putting ads on my site. Since then, I now host from home.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Before I bought a domain and got hosting with it from GoDaddy I was using byethost. It was ok-ish, but they had(or have) limited features for free users.

I'd recommend using cloudflare if you can. It has served me well for over two years now, even on a free account

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

hatnews.tk

Its alittle glitchy right now, because of the DDOS attack this morning. still trying to recover.

You probably got the attack because of the .tk domain. I've used them before and although I was never DDOSed, they are horrible to work with. Also they are known for spam bots and alike, hence why the .tk is a likely reason behind the DDOS.

I've used both 000webhost (as @burnttoastnice mentioned) and x10hosting and I can testify that x10hosting is a million times better than 000webhost.

You probably got the attack because of the .tk domain. I've used them before and although I was never DDOSed, they are horrible to work with. Also they are known for spam bots and alike, hence why the .tk is a likely reason behind the DDOS.

I've used both 000webhost (as @burnttoastnice mentioned) and x10hosting and I can testify that x10hosting is a million times better than 000webhost.

Maybe... I want to get rid of the .tk hopefully soon.

Yea, I would have to agree. 000webhost is slower, and they put ads on your websites occasionally.

000webhost is scam central, have heard a lot of really bad things about them.

x10 was a pretty solid host considering they're free.

I've always used NFOserver's webhosting (comes free with my gameservers), and they are very high quality.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Maybe... I want to get rid of the .tk hopefully soon.

Yea, I would have to agree. 000webhost is slower, and they put ads on your websites occasionally.

Freenom has a handful of free domains. I believe that's the company in charge of .TK's aswell.

Edited a spelling error

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Freenom has a handful of free domains. I believe that's the company in charge of .TK's aswell.

Edited a spelling error

Yea they also have .ML .CF and .GA