Sennheiser Momentum Headphones?

RobbiePC
Go to solution Solved by Youbetternot,

It's going to be at my desk 24/7.

So gaming, software development and general stuff

in that case you there are better headphones for the job like the ath m50 or sennheiser hd 558. I believe the monemtum is more of a fashion headphone I believe don't quote me on that.

So I'm on holiday (Greece) and I have become a little bored so i began looking for things to improve my setup and that thing that springs to mind is headphones.

So basically I'm asking for opinions on the Sennheiser Momentum Headphones

What do you plan on doing with it? Gaming or just ocassional listening and traveling?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Watch linus review on it, he loves them!

Yes I have but he only talks about his phone and on the go they are. I'm wondering how good are they at a desk environment

in that case you there are better headphones for the job like the ath m50 or sennheiser hd 558. I believe the monemtum is more of a fashion headphone I believe don't quote me on that.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

They're definitely not "fashion" headphones. I believe the main issue is that the earcups are not particularly roomy, and as such can be uncofmortable for some people.

Well for home use you can do better I recommand you to look at the sennheiser hd600 for open thier just a great all rounder.

For closed I recommend the mrspeakers mad dogs

M50 is better than momentum, yeah right

LOL

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Unless you need closed-back headphones. For the money, I would take HD600 or Fidelio X2 in a heart beat. I'm just not a big fan of the relatively small sound stage of the Momentum. Also the ear-cups are small for long listening session. Even the Philips SHP9500 sounds more pleasing and comfortable than the Momentum for home use. 

I keep the Momentum(almost wanted to sell it) mainly for listening music on the move because of its small size and weight.

They are the best headphones ever made

Dude, get out of Greece before shit hits the fan.

Nah i'm on one of the many islands. Not the main land

Well for home use you can do better I recommand you to look at the sennheiser hd600 for open thier just a great all rounder.

For closed I recommend the mrspeakers mad dogs

I think im going to go with the Sennheiser hd598's

If you have the money for HD600 instead, grab it.

+1 that honestly I think for your budget a dt990 will probobly stil be better than the 598.

The m50s lol. M50 is alright but overrated. Momentum destorys the m50s, they are really good but it all depends. What pisses me off with the momentums e replacement part are not cheap, to get the same cable cost around $90 lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

The m50s lol. M50 is alright but overrated. Momentum destorys the m50s, they are really good but it all depends. What pisses me off with the momentums e replacement part are not cheap, to get the same cable cost around $90 lol

That's the in-line remote i believe and the price somewhat makes sense if you consider how much it costs to create the metal molding for the buttons' housing and the free swivel of the 3.5mm connector

What pisses me off with the momentums e replacement part are not cheap, to get the same cable cost around $90 lol

Good thing Momentum On-Ear cables work exactly the same and cost a lot less. Not to mention all the third-party cable you could use.