PC Companies are still bundling Arkham Knight...

thorpj
Go to solution Solved by C0LL0SS0S,

Good point, contracts. 

"spoiled kid" You're missing the point. I'm wondering how they can be so out of touch with what's going on [assuming that contracts didn't cause this].

Well I don't think that those OEMs really knew how bad it is, and its still a game you get for free. I am pretty sure that they have contracts on this, so there is no real way to stop them.

Are they (E.g. MSI, NVIDIA) that out of touch with the [gaming] industry?

Arkham Knight is an absolute mess: It's not even for sale anymore, and they're still bundling it.

thoughts?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

@thorpj No worse than when AC Unity was bundled with the 970 lololololo

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Well I guess they signed contracts so they can't just stop it, also you get it for free, don't be a spoiled kid, better than nothing. Maybe we even see a fix of the game

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well you can't just stop bundling it, I mean.. Contracts and keys and stuff?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Haha yeah. I do love to rib on Ubishaft for that.

And in my opinion games like Unity will keep happening. The thing that's bugging me is what PC manufacturers [bundling these games]

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

It's free to the consumer, I don't see why it's a "bad thing" to keep it. There's also the fact that if they remove it people will get pissed off that they no longer get something they used to be able to.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Haha yeah. I do love to rib on Ubishaft for that.

And in my opinion games like Unity will keep happening. The thing that's bugging me is what PC manufacturers [bundling these games]

Well you know what they say, Ubisoft keeps on diggin'

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Well I guess they signed contracts so they can't just stop it, also you get it for free, don't be a spoiled kid, better than nothing. Maybe we even see a fix of the game

Good point, contracts. 

"spoiled kid" You're missing the point. I'm wondering how they can be so out of touch with what's going on [assuming that contracts didn't cause this].

Actually, no AC Unity wasn't the only game bundled, it was AC Unity, The Crew or FC 4. I picked The Crew tho :D. My second 970, I got the Witcher 3 but upon ordering my 980 Ti Arctic Storm, I got a code for Arkham Knight. They should really change it into another game :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Good point, contracts. 

Well I don't think that those OEMs really knew how bad it is, and its still a game you get for free. I am pretty sure that they have contracts on this, so there is no real way to stop them.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

These sorts of deals are often done months before the actual release of the game so there isn't really anyway for Nvidia to back out from it.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Fair enough.

Glad i don't run one of these companies. I'd be so insulted by what WB have done with a game for the PC.

Fair enough.

Glad i don't run one of these companies. I'd be so insulted by what WB have done with a game for the PC.

Oh hell yes, I would be pissed AF

Good point, contracts. 

They aren't. They know exactly what's going on and most likely knew it way before we did. The thing is that it's such a big title, people will run to buy it anyway, even if they know it's broken!

They aren't. They know exactly what's going on and most likely knew it way before we did. The thing is that it's such a big title, people will run to buy it anyway, even if they know it's broken!

And that is why we have Unity repeats :)

Actually, no AC Unity wasn't the only game bundled, it was AC Unity, The Crew or FC 4. I picked The Crew tho :D. My second 970, I got the Witcher 3 but upon ordering my 980 Ti Arctic Storm, I got a code for Arkham Knight. They should really change it into another game :D

Yup, I decided to get Farcry 4, not as good as Farcry 3 though

And that is why we have Unity repeats :)

Well that is because stupid people still preorder tons of stuff. I mean sure, you should preorder something from a decent and proven company. I can say that I would preorder Witcher 3 (although I didn't out of other reasons), any Blizzard game (haven't disappointed me in 18 years), most Rockstar games and there are probably a few others.

And how do they fight us when we won't preorder? Exclusive content to those who preorder... -_-

Well that is because stupid people still preorder tons of stuff. I mean sure, you should preorder something from a decent and proven company. I can say that I would preorder Witcher 3 (although I didn't out of other reasons), any Blizzard game (haven't disappointed me in 18 years), most Rockstar games and there are probably a few others.

And how do they fight us when we won't preorder? Exclusive content to those who preorder... -_-

I get that. Personally i see no reason to. The extras you get for preorders are inconsequential. To me they're not worth the risk, no matter who's making the game.

What's your reasoning for it?

I get that. Personally i see no reason to. The extras you get for preorders are inconsequential. To me they're not worth the risk, no matter who's making the game.

What's your reasoning for it?

Oh, I agree, nothing significant is in those preorders.

My reasoning is a bit different. At the given moment I might have cash for the game and when it comes out I might not (probably spent it on other things).

So two things need to align:

1) I trust the developer

2) I have money to spare

But hey. I got Battlefield 3 shortly after release for 16e (key) and I got BF 4 for 25e (key) too. So waiting for a good deal pays off. :)

Oh, I agree, nothing significant is in those preorders.

My reasoning is a bit different. At the given moment I might have cash for the game and when it comes out I might not (probably spent it on other things).

So two things need to align:

1) I trust the developer

2) I have money to spare

But hey. I got Battlefield 3 shortly after release for 16e (key) and I got BF 4 for 25e (key) too. So waiting for a good deal pays off. :)

Haha wow. I think i paid near full price for BF4, plus premium, after release. So i was a bit of a sucker there. But, considering how many hours i've played, it was worth it.

And i get your reasoning.

Haha wow. I think i paid near full price for BF4, plus premium, after release. So i was a bit of a sucker there. But, considering how many hours i've played, it was worth it.

And i get your reasoning.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's worth it, I was hyped and wanted to play on release day. It was a huge pain in the ass to wait a month. But for someone with low income and that has to use hes own money for gaming and PC building, it pays off. :D