Case paint still not bonded

fieldsy
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

The paint isn't moving when I use my fingernails. I think it is just what Speaker1264 said, and it's just a little bit that didn't adhere.

I'm just being cautious (possibly too much)

I see what looks like a few paint runs from the looks of things but not much more, I'd let it sit a few more days to cure fully before putting things back in if it's not flaking off or coming off by your finger nail that means it got proper adhesion to the original paint.

I painted my define r4 a week ago, and while it looks and feels dry, when I run a paper towel over the inside, I still get some paint on the paper.

I've put it in a warmer room, to try and help it bond, but is this normal to take this long?

I painted my define r4 a week ago, and while it looks and feels dry, when I run a paper towel over the inside, I still get some paint on the paper.

I've put it in a warmer room, to try and help it bond, but is this normal to take this long?

It can take a week to two weeks to cure and harden but what paint did you use.

Also the temperature and the dry time between coats can heavily affect this.

Is the paint on the paper wet or dry?  If it is just dry paint dust then that is the stuff that didn't adhere.

what paint did you use ? i mean if you use a pray can i doesn't take VERY long as you can see in linus's LG29um67 paint video

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

what paint did you use.

I used the flat black rustoleum spray paint:

http://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-340g-ultra-cover-2x-flat-black-spray-paint_p1580675

Is the paint on the paper wet or dry?  If it is just dry paint dust then that is the stuff that didn't adhere.

Its dry, Does that mean it hasn't adhered at all, or that excess is falling off

I used the flat black rustoleum spray paint:

http://www.bunnings.com.au/rust-oleum-340g-ultra-cover-2x-flat-black-spray-paint_p1580675

Its dry, Does that mean it hasn't adhered at all, or that excess is falling off

Could you take a photo of what's happen I'll be able to get a better idea of what the problem is, the paint should not be able to wipe off once fully cured. Id the paint just wiping off or flaking in anyways if you use your finger nail?

You need to seal it with a spray varnish or sealer

That's an optional step for painting if you want a clear coat for extra durability or to create a glass like finish. If the paint is already coming off a clear coat applied to that it will only worsen the situation.

Id the paint just wiping off or flaking in anyways if you use your finger nail?

The paint isn't moving when I use my fingernails. I think it is just what Speaker1264 said, and it's just a little bit that didn't adhere.

post-118247-0-53915000-1436058230_thumb.

I see what looks like a few paint runs from the looks of things but not much more, I'd let it sit a few more days to cure fully before putting things back in if it's not flaking off or coming off by your finger nail that means it got proper adhesion to the original paint.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Going to let it sit for a couple of days, and then its time for the glorious rebuild

Rustoleum and Tremclad (Canadian rusto) are both OIL based paints and take longer to dry but yeild a better over all bond to the surface and better opacity compared to its competitor (krylon witch is water based and drips easy, has horrible opacity and fades even indoors..) If you want the best paint for the same price but can wait a bit for shipping, I would suggest using artists grade paint.. I may even make a thread about this..

Rustoleum and Tremclad (Canadian rusto) are both OIL based paints and take longer to dry but yeild a better over all bond to the surface and better opacity compared to its competitor (krylon witch is water based and drips easy, has horrible opacity and fades even indoors..) If you want the best paint for the same price but can wait a bit for shipping, I would suggest using artists grade paint.. I may even make a thread about this..

At 2 weeks however it should be dry spray paint dries a lot faster than brush on oil paint, due to thinners like Naphtha, and you would be correct about artists/graffiti paint having better coverage and pigmentation compared to the hardware store stuff.

At 2 weeks however it should be dry spray paint dries a lot faster than brush on oil paint, due to thinners like Naphtha, and you would be correct about artists/graffiti paint having better coverage and pigmentation compared to the hardware store stuff.

True it really all depends on the prep. Did you strip the old paint? Did you use primer? Did you sand? Also what is the case made of is it steel or aluminum?