Another graphics card upgrade suggestion request

bejamartins

So it seems my girlfriend's graphics card needs replacement,

The PC specs:

- Motherboard Gigabyte G41M-Combo Rev 2;
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300;
- Current graphics ATI Radeon 4650 HD;

- 2 GB/Ram (probably upgrading soon).

She has two monitors connected, one through VGA and another through DVI, though can be replaced by HDMI.

Don't want to spend much money, but don't want to replace with a worse card, or at least leave her a card fit for her system. Can be a used card.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for the help.

GTX 960 or R9 290? Nvidia have better drivers, but worse performance overall.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

With a core duO?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

With a core duO?

Fine 750Ti.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

That's upgrading a $60 card to a $200 xD Also the PC would never match processor power.

Fine 750Ti.

Well, I have an overheating 295 GTX, I guess I can use it, will probably never overheat on this machine.

Well, I have an overheating 295 GTX, I guess I can use it, will probably never overheat on this machine.

Lol I guess!

The GTX 750 Ti is going to be bottlenecked like my 660 was with the Q6600.  With the proper overclock though, you can minimize this.

Perhaps a GTX 750 or AMD r7 360(no idea on performance of it) will do well.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Or the rumored 950 Ti

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

The drivers argument is DEAD.

For the past two months, Nvidias "official stable drivers" has borked so hard that a lot of people have been unable to even browse web pages without hardware crashes.

Nvidia drivers are NOT special. They are drivers, just like ANY other driver.

Nvidias driver team is NOT special. They are humans, and they screw up too. They recently proved this, for like, two months straight.

@bejamartins

Buy a R7 270X or R9 280 if you can find one. These are solid cards and will beat the 750Ti in most applications.

Just because it is a Core 2Duo doesnt mean it is incapable of running these cards. Albeit, these would probably be the highest cards this CPU could "feed".

GTX980Ti is faster than the Fury X.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The drivers argument is DEAD.

For the past two months, Nvidias "official stable drivers" has borked so hard that a lot of people have been unable to even browse web pages without hardware crashes.

Nvidia drivers are NOT special. They are drivers, just like ANY other driver.

Nvidias driver team is NOT special. They are humans, and they screw up too. They recently proved this, for like, two months straight.

@bejamartins

Buy a R7 270X or R9 280 if you can find one. These are solid cards and will beat the 750Ti in most applications.

Just because it is a Core 2Duo doesnt mean it is incapable of running these cards. Albeit, these would probably be the highest cards this CPU could "feed".

They are still better drivers than AMD's 2 month old Beta team.

Buy a AMD card and learn how slow their beta team is then.

I'll buy one when Intel declares bankruptcy.